32: Smothering people with kisses

Following my call with Ashley earlier this evening, I’d had a lot of time to do…well, nothing. 

After this morning’s ‘revelations,’ let’s just say I’d sort of been avoiding being around Aiden. Yeah, I know – I was a coward. But I just didn’t know what else to do. And honestly, I wasn’t even sure how to act around him now, without fearing that he’d see through all these crazy feelings inside me. 

So, yeah, avoidance it is.

In the meantime, I’d packed my bag even though I knew we wouldn’t be leaving until the day after tomorrow. But well, it seemed like a great way to kill time. And also, it was pretty fun.

I could imagine Aiden making a face if he heard that – packing is fun. And the thought brought a stupid smile to my face.

Wait, what was I doing?

Stop being weird, Aria!

I could do that. I could totally do…

I sized in on the piece of clothing on the couch. And before I knew what I was doing, I was reaching for it. But hey, it’s not like I was doing anything weird with it – well, aside from the fact that I was now sniffing it.

It just smelt so good, you know. It smelt like him. Gosh, I could be content just holding it like this forever. 

Hold up, what? 

Ok, it’s clear I was completely losing it. Heck, I’d become a creep who sniffed Aiden’s clothes. Who does that? And more importantly, why the hell was I still doing that?

That’s it! I needed to get out of this room, preferably to somewhere where I won’t have to be reminded of a particular someone every freaking second. And well, somewhere where I could probably figure out how to let go of this jacket.

I could literally hear my brain screaming: ‘Aria, get a fucking grip, you creep!’

god, I swear I used to be normal once. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I breathed a content sigh, basking in the bliss of the cool night air.

This was great. See? I knew getting out was just what I needed to get rid of ‘those thoughts.’ And more than before, I was convinced I’d made the right decision by choosing to come out to the pool. 

Once I got there, it’d be ‘hello, relaxation time,’ and ‘goodbye, weird thoughts.’ That’s right, there shall be no more thinking about…Aiden?

Shit!

Sure enough, settled into one of the pool chairs, was none other than Aiden, a.k.a the one person I’d been making persistent efforts to avoid all day. 

Need I say my feet were now moving in reverse, readying to make a run for it before he caught sight of me. However, I was soon stopping in my tracks when I caught sight of another figure beside him. 

Emma. 

Now, though, her features betrayed something of panic as she stared at his outstretched hand. A hesitant second later, she was reaching out to place something on it, albeit sheepishly. 

“Aiden,” she started, voice small. “I wasn’t really…”

The rest of what I figured was her attempt at an explanation, was left to trail off, as he was now taking a big swig from what she’d handed him – a bottle. Specifically, a bottle of vodka.