Chapter Twenty-One - Banzai

A/N: I have no idea why my picture isn't showing up on the banner ^. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Oh well, as of now, I'll just put my pictures down here ⬇️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV

Y/N had returned to her apartment after the country club incident, but Daniel had decided to go to Mr. Miyagi's. His mother had needed the car back, so after returning it to her, Daniel took his bicycle and rode to Mr. Miyagi's.

All the way there, he kept thinking about the awful scene he had witnessed in the country club. Y/N and Johnny. His girlfriend kissing Johnny. The amount of betrayal, heartache, and fury that Daniel was feeling in this moment was insurmountable. If only he didn't care. He wished he didn't, but he did. . .because he cared about Y/N.

But it seemed like she didn't care about him. How could she after she chose to kiss Johnny right in front of him? And after everything Daniel had done for her, she had to break his heart. . .just like that.

When Daniel arrived at Mr. Miyagi's, he was surprised to hear singing—weird, slurred singing. The sound of it drifted out into the night from inside the dimly lit house.

Simply curious, Daniel parked his bike outside the open door, wiped his feet outside the door, and walked in.

"Hey, I didn't know you were a singer," Daniel remarked when he came up behind Mr. Miyagi and seated himself next to him. "How are you doin', Mr. Miyagi?"

The singing stopped.

"Daniel-san," Mr. Miyagi acknowledged Daniel, drunkenly, and then started ushering him with his hand. "Come inside. Come inside."

"What's that song you were singing there?" Daniel asked, choosing to ignore Mr. Miyagi's drunken remarks.

"Japanese blues," Mr. Miyagi answered, setting down a glass of Scotch as he did so. He, then, raised the glass and said, "Kumpai."

Mr. Miyagi motioned for Daniel to do the same. So, hesitantly, Daniel raised a glass too.

"Kumpai," Daniel repeated.

Mr. Miyagi, then, began to speak more incoherent drunken words, ending his statement with, "Banzai!"

Understanding what the final word was, Daniel grinned and lifted his glass up to Mr. Miyagi's.