𝟯- Hello Hawkins

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗

___________________________________

Hawkins, Indiana

"Mom?"

Roxanne stood outside the address her aunt had given her for her mother, knocking on the mahogany front door in hopes of an answer.

The blonde had arrived at the Indianapolis Airport expecting either her mother or sister to be waiting for her with large smiles and excited faces. But when she walked out of the gate from her plane, she spotted not one familiar face.

Slightly saddened, Roxanne, after a few hours, decided to use some of her pocket money to pay for a cab to get to her mother's house.

"Roxanne! Oh my God!" Roberta beamed as she swung her door open to meet the green eyes of her daughter that mirrored that of a man she was told that she once knew.

"Hi mom," Roxanne sighed, still happy to see her mom despite her initial disappointment. She was soon pulled down into an emotional hug, her height giving her a few inches over her mother.

"I missed you so much, baby girl," Roberta said as she held her eldest daughter's cheeks in between her soft palms.

"Mom, you and Rob visit me like 6 times a year," Roxanne deadpanned.

Her mother rolled her eyes. "Oh shut up and let me look at my daughter," she gushed as she held Roxanne's hand and pulled her through the door.

Roberta began leading her daughter to the guest room. "Where's Robin? She was supposed to get you from the airport" 

"She never showed so I took a cab," Roxanne explained, "he's still waiting for me actually, I'm gonna go to the family video and see what's up with Robin."

"Oh," Roberta slightly frowned, "I just got you here, now you're leaving?"

Roxanne quickly shook her head. "Hey, I'll come back and do whatever you want later, but I just wanna make sure Robin's not dead in a ditch somewhere or something."

Roberta smacked her daughter's shoulder playfully. "Don't say things like that."

The pair soon entered the doorway of a peach-colored, fully furnished room. "This is a nice room," Roxanne observed as she placed her small suitcase on the floor.

"Glad you like it. I was thinking of having you move back here, but because of that girl that got murdered last night, I'm rethink-"

Roxanne's head snapped in Roberta's direction. "What?"

"Yeah, the police aren't saying much which I'm betting means that they don't know what the hell happened," the older blonde woman sighed.

"Hmmm," Roxanne tutted as she secured her backpack and turned back towards the front door, "You don't think it was a normal murder?"