𝟲- ...and Murder Mysteries

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗

__________________________________

Steve's car slowly pulled up the road to meet a very active crime scene.

There was a crowd gathered behind a barricade, with a small body covered with a white sheet on the street.

At the front of the scene stood a shaken Nancy Wheeler and three police officers, including the new chief of police.

As Steve brought the car to a halt, Roxanne and the rest of the group slowly exited the vehicle and looked in the young girl's direction.

"What the hell happened here?" Max lowly questioned as they took in the scene.

"Vecna strikes again?" Dustin proposed.

Roxanne couldn't find it in her to answer, already being too focused on the brunette further up the street. She was beautiful, but she also seemed familiar to the blonde.

"Who's that?" the green-eyed senior asked Steve over the hood of the car.

Struggling to draw his attention away as well, Steve eventually responded. "That's Nancy, I'm guessing you've heard about her?"

Roxanne scoffed. "At the rate Jonathan talks about her? I probably know more about her than you guys do."

"Doubtful, seeing as Harrington here dated her too," Robin smirked, bumping shoulders with her sister.

Roxanne's eyes widened as her mouth fell in shock. "No shit? I kinda respect you now, Harrington."

"Kinda?" Steve glared at the blonde.

She shrugged before turning her attention back to where the young Wheeler girl was now looking over at them.

She sent a small wave over to the group as a look of relief flooded her stressed face.

"She looks worried out of her mind," Roxanne said, concern evident in her tone.

"Yeah, I wonder who died," Steve softly replied as he continued staring at his ex-girlfriend.

Roxanne turned and looked at the Harrington boy's face with a raised brow. The look he had been giving Nancy wasn't one that exes should give...unless they still loved their ex.

"Hi," Roxanne's attention was drawn away as Nancy appeared before the car with folded arms.

The group soon chorused their greetings, ending with Roxanne's who gained a confused look from Nancy.

She turned to Steve and raised a brow in question.

"Oh, Nance, uh, this is Roxanne Buckley-"

"-Sommers, no Buckley, I'm not related to that man-"