𝟳- ¿Dónde está la biblioteca?

∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗

__________________________________

Hawkins Laboratory, Sept. 1979

"Today, we are going to play a game."

Doctor Martin Brenner carefully used a stick of chalk to outline the second of two circles on each end of the small training room.

Just as in his previous training exercises, his children were lined up on one side, while two orderlies stood patiently on the other.

"The rules of the game are quite simple," Brenner stated, walking down the line and locking eyes with each of the buzz-haired children before him, "Stay in your circle. If you leave your circle, you lose. The last person standing in their circle will get to spend an extra hour of free time in the rainbow room," he explained with a pleasant smile.

All the children immediately perked up at the offer, much preferring to spend time in the room with toys than in their small bland rooms. Six and Eleven, who stood at the far left end of the line, included.

"Now, even though we are going to be competing against one another, I don't want you to approach this any differently from one of our tests," Dr. Brenner advised the teens and adolescents, "Now, this is very important. If you allow anger or emotion to invade your thoughts, you will fail, I promise. Do you understand?" his voice grew stern as he locked eyes with numbers Six and Eleven in particular.

"Yes, Papa," the children chorused in response, Six doing so through gritted teeth. She was fully prepared to utilize Blue's advice from earlier that day to prove Papa wrong.

"Good," he cooed before walking over to stand before the two circles, "Two, Seven," he called out.

The two teenage boys stepped out from the line and took up residence in each circle upon hearing their given names. Each orderly stepped forward and fastened a white blindfold over their eyes.

Six was immediately put on edge from the look that number Two sent the other boy. She always knew the older boy was dangerous but now she actually feared for the smaller children around her, including Eleven.

"Begin."

It took mere seconds for the eldest boy to send the other flying off his feet and out of the circle.

"Very good, Two," Brenner voiced his approval before turning to look at the other boy, "Number Seven, please, take a seat by the door."