2

After everyone left, Jin slowly started the process of catching the pesky rats. He was so carefully putting a piece of fruit in the trap that he was sticking the tongue out of his mouth.

"TRIIINNNGGGG"

"AHHHH" screamed Jin as the trap snapped on his finger. With the trap still pressed firmly on his hand he opened the door.

"Yijin noona!" Jin exclaimed in surprise seeing Namjoon's elder sister. She had Euna, her 9 month old baby daughter in her arms.

"Why do I always hear abnormal sounds whenever I ring the doorbell of this house" she asked.

"That's because you always ring at the wrong time" thought Jin, but dared not say because her tongue was worse than a whip.

"Come in", he said.

"No, where is Joonie?" she asked. "And take that goddam thing off your hand".

"You just missed him" said Jin as he extricated the trap from his hand.

The next second his hands were free, Yijin thrust Euna into them and said, "Babysit her until Monday, I will pick her up then".

"Yaa, what???" asked Jin in shock eying the baby in his hands.

"My husband had to go onsite and I have to immediately go to Seoul for my job. Don't worry, I have written detailed instructions into the book in the bag. The baby carrier and car seat are here as well as the supplies" she said as she put a baby carrier, a car seat, a baby bag and a bag of diapers inside the house.

"Wait, none of us know how to take care of a baby", protested Jin.

"Its not that hard, just read what I have written in the book. Hold her, feed her, clean her and let her sleep, you will be alright" she said breezily.

"You think?" asked Jin incredulously.

"Listen Jin, I have done a lot to help you guys, can't you all do this tiny favor for me? After all I convinced Appa to let you guys stay here, sell the house and take half the money and to get the keys to the flat in the city" she said.

"Fine. What will we feed her, we could barely feed ourselves", said halfheartedly Jin.

Yijin took an envelope from her bag and gave it to Jin and said, "This is for covering her expenses and the rest of the money could be used by you guys".

Jin opened the envelop and sure enough, there was plenty of cash inside it.

"Ok, bye my baby. Amma will come and pick you up on Monday. Be a good girl", she said and kissed the baby's forehead and left.

"Come baby, lets catch some rats", said Jin resignedly as he closed the door.

**************************

Tae had finished his work and boarded a bus to his village. He was hoping for some money in the way of inheritance, maybe he could buy a new bike or afford some decent food and had already decided on a menu as he reached home.

His parents and grandparents greeted him warmly and fed him good food. Finally when all was eaten, he asked his Amma and Appa.

"So, what did I inherit?" he asked excitedly.

Everyone exchanged weird glances and his grandmother who was tipsy was giggling, finally Amma said, "He left you one of his valuable possessions dear".

"Really? Is it the gilded chamber-pot?" Tae asked excitedly.

"No, your uncle sold the chamber-pot, spittoon, backscratcher and snuffbox a few years back to fund his trip to Spain where he was trapped by a girl named Petronella. She mugged him and ran away with all his possessions", explained Appa.

"OK, so what did he leave me?" asked Tae.

"Petronella" replied Appa.

"A Spanish mugger?" asked Tae in confusion.

"No, Petronella" said Grandma as she weaved and bobbed in her tipsy state and placed the fattest chicken he had ever seen in all his life of living on a farm on his lap.

"What am I supposed to do with her?" asked Tae.

"Raise her, she is a very productive hen. Lays eggs everyday. Its stipulated in the will that if you do that you will get an annual income to meet the expenses of the chicken" said Amma.

"Then why are you giving it to me, you all are living on a farm", said Tae.

"The problem dear is that your uncle had a very special place in his heart for this chicken. He used to always carry her around in his arms. And if you leave her on the ground for too long she will peck you to death until you pick her up. You see we all are too busy to do that", said Grandma.

"Why don't you just soup her? She looks like she will eat us out of our house. And already there is nothing much at our home to eat", said Tae eying the plump chicken on his lap.

"Its my brother's last wish dear, respect it", said Amma while Appa was rolling his eyes behind her.

"Here is the chicken feed. It might last a week. And one more thing, do not shout her name, she will drop an egg if you do", said Appa as he handed a bag to Tae.

Tae couldn't believe what just happened as he sat in the bus back home with the chicken clucking happily in a cage on his lap and the bag of chicken feed in the seat next to him.

***************************

Kookie was packing up to leave for home when Mr Bang, the owner of the gym called him to his office and said, "Jungkook, I am very happy with your work here. You are a model employee".

"Thank you very much Mr Lee. I am always trying my best", said Kookie with a bunny smile.

"Please do me a favor Jungkook", he said kindly.

"Anything sir" said Kookie with a smile.

"Look after my Bam for the weekend" he said handing a big brown dog to Kookie. "Here is the money to buy him dog food and treats in the bag with some of his toys".

Kookie nervously accepted it and walked away with the dog on a leash with a sense that he has been had for.

"One thing Jungkook, be careful, he will eat anything", said Mr Lee.