4

Yoongi had to sleep on the floor for the night as the trio had taken up his bed. Early morning he was woken up by the wailing of the hungry baby and Yoongi in his half sleep had stumbled out of his bedroom with the baby and the weird train of chicken and dog after him to Jin's room. He knocked at the door and handed the baby to the sleepy Jin who had to become awake because of three pairs of hungry expectant eyes on him. So he fed and watered the dog and chicken and gave a bottle to the baby and once she was done, he gave her a bath and change of diapers and fresh clothes. She was looking like the cuddliest of angels. But Jin knew in order to get any work done, the trio should be out of the house. As if on cue Kookie's bedroom door opened and he came out in his jogging gear.

"Where are you going?" Jin asked him.

"Jogging!" said Kookie with a bright bunny smile.

"No you are going for a walk", said Jin.

"I am?" asked Kookie in confusion.

"Yes" said Jin and he immediately put on a front baby carrier on Kookie, put a backpack containing baby's diapers, snacks, milk and juice on his back. Put the baby into the carrier. Put on a fanny pack with dog treats and bird seeds on his waist. Stuck the chicken on the crook of his right hand and the dog leash on his left hand.

"I look ridiculous!" said a rather dismayed Kookie.

"Just don't feed the baby the dog treats", said Jin, finally satisfied with Kookie's look.

"I look like a walking circus, all I need is a donkey to ride", said Kookie.

"Not necessary in your case", said Jin and pushed him out of the house.

It was a balmy morning and even though he felt ridiculous, Kookie felt happy for the company he was got.

Bam went around sniffing at every shrub and tree, Petronella clucked happily in his arms and Euna was giggling watching the birds pecking each other that Kookie pointed out to her.

"You know Euna, its never too early to learn to fight! I for one remember the exact moment that I knew I had to learn how to fight. The worst part was that I understood it when I was in a taekwondo competition. I was hoping to have fun in the match with my classmate, he had other plans. As soon as the referee gave a go, he kicked me. Do you know how hurt I felt? It was the first bad experience of my life at 4 years of age" said Kookie reminiscing. "That day I learnt that I would never be hit by anyone, but would rather kick the daylights off anyone". He said with a finality to her.

In the next turning on the road, Kookie found two men with a Theodolite. He ignored them and walked until the end of the lane and then decided to turn back. Since the men were strangers, Kookie approached them on his way back.

"Excuse me Aghassi, what are you doing?" he asked one of the men.

The shorter one answered, "We are surveying for the new resort that will be coming up here".

"Next to a graveyard?" asked Kookie in confusion.

"Did you not know that the council had asked to shift the remains to another graveyard close by? People were complaining of how difficult it is to get here during rainy season", said the taller man.

"Really?" asked Kookie.

"Yes. Sir, where do you live?" asked the shorter man.

"In the house at the end", replied Kookie.

The men exchanged irritated looks and the shorter one said, "You guys are really greedy to demand one billion won for that piece of land and that crappy house".

"One billion won!" asked Kookie incredulously.

"Yeah, Mr Noh demanded that much", said the taller man.

"Mr Noh?" asked Kookie in confusion. He felt something was wrong since Namjoon had mentioned how difficult it was to even get Mr Noh to give them 20 million won for the house and the land. Something was brewing somewhere. So he hurried back home after thanking the two men.

*******************************************************

Please vote, comment and share