3. THE BEGINNING OF THE CRAZINESS

The magic of imagination, condemnation, self-esteem, and self-sabotage.

Now that you understand that, just like the popcorn, changes start from within, and you have decided to create a new future, prepare a bucket of popcorn to start organizing your Life Project.

To begin this "inner journey," I would like to comment that I remember very little from my childhood, as our brain is incredible and blocks certain information for our self-protection.

Studies carried out by psychologists, and over 5,800,000 results that appear on the internet related to the subject, report that on average, 78% of children experience some traumatic experience before the fifth year of age. Painful experiences lead to psychological damage, such as the loss of a loved one, emotional neglect, sexual or domestic abuse, and difficulties in interpersonal relationships, causing distorted perceptions of abuse and reality.

The fact is that many people are not even aware of these childhood traumas; others, perhaps, choosing to suffer in silence or even not admitting such feelings. Often, facts are erased from memory for self-protection and survival; however, they are not erased from the subconscious, which triggers other problems related to low self-esteem and lack of awareness of the emotional state, such as, for example, the fear of being alone or the need to isolate yourself from so many others.

We feel great difficulty in knowing who we are. With that, we experience degrading situations and relationships, unconsciously repeating patterns so that we can escape reality, often through drugs, alcohol, sex, excessive adrenaline search, or even escape from responsibilities. Trauma can change the brain's development, and this brain change leads to feeling less than others or trying to appear to be what we are not.

I have memories from my childhood as if they were the cameras from 1839, which took more than 8 hours to register the first photo. The images in my mind are just a few flashes, perhaps the most necessary and the most unnecessary that I could have.

It is practically impossible to differentiate reality from fantasy, especially for a child who does not have experiences, and even less, the adult world's awareness and knowledge.

Children live at the mercy of those who take care of them, and with this, they get confused by the feelings of love, affection, and care with disappointments, sadness, anger, contempt, and so on. Childhood emotions are mixed up and trigger different actions and reactions, leaving the little ones scared and knowing how to distinguish good feelings from bad ones.

If they are beaten, they cannot fight back. If they are mistreated, they cannot go away. If they live among emotionally unstructured people, all they can do is swallow the crying and move on. What guides them is the survival instinct, doing whatever it takes to stay alive, adapt to any situation (positive or negative), and mold themselves to that world. There is no other way.

But anyway, how to control these stimuli?

It is called resilience: the ability to overcome, recover and move on. But how can we keep going with deep marks on our childhood soul? How to be constant while being stuck in the frame of the mental and emotional pattern imposed by the family? How to change the dirty snot and the gradual and continuous accumulation of this vicious circle?

Each day we receive different types of "no" - cannot, should not, not able, no, no, and no. With so many "no's" that we live with, we grow up collecting fears and frustrations of different sizes; these are our colorful or black and white monsters in the mental background.

So, I grew up with an internal conflict. Actually, not one but several of them! To begin with, my mother called me MichEly and my father, MichelY. At school, they called me, sometimes in one way, sometimes in another. I confess that even today, I get confused with my own name, and, depending on the day and my state of mind, the mirror is forced to deal with such conflicts. I often feel sorry for the mirror.