4. WHY CHANGE?

The comfort zone, the resilience, and the challenges of life. 

Being an only child until the age of eight was the guarantee of having everything I liked or wanted just for myself. Amid the emotional loss of divorced parents, in that "war" to find out who had more power over my life or who loved me more, I developed chronic bronchitis and continuous cough, which lasted for over a year.

The doctors no longer knew what to do and tried the most diverse strategies, from removing the rugs and carpets from the whole house, installing air conditioning, moving to another city, taking me to a healer. However, nothing worked.

Why did no treatment work? Emotions can act as a trigger, both for the onset and worsening of diseases, as well as influencing and interfering with treatment. They can also trigger crises of stress, anxiety, fear, worry, shame, nervousness. With this, the organism's defense tends to release certain chemical substances that end up producing such diseases, in this specific case, bronchoconstriction, causing inflammation and hindering the lungs' work.

Interesting how this machine, which is the human body and mind, works.

With the advent of my sister's birth, I stopped being the center of all attention. Now I became the big sister, the responsible sister. Until that moment, all I knew of older people were my cousins on my father's side, more independent and with much more flexible parents than my mother was. They could do a lot more cool things than me.

On the weekends with my relatives in the city of Joaçaba, at the same time, I loved the festivities; I also hated them. While it was good, it was terrible because it always knotted my thoughts. I enjoyed the beautiful holidays and total freedom by jumping in the pool, wearing high heels, wearing red lipstick, and getting inspired, learning how to be a girl-woman.

It was at that time that I decided to be an entrepreneur. At the age of 13, I was a water aerobics teacher for my grandmother and my two aunts. I could barely touch my foot at the bottom of the pool, but still, they were "obligated" to take my classes. Obviously, I charged for these classes, and on holiday the price was double charged, as I had to start building my empire.

A famous saying is that whatever is good has a short ¨life¨ span, so Sunday night was time to go back to the castle tower surrounded by words like:

— Why are you going to do in the kitchen again?

— Go study! Have you done what I asked you?

— Are you done with that? You never finish anything!

— Why did you get a score of seven again on the school report?

Besides that, I heard from my grandmother at every moment: "Poor little thing, she has no father." The expressions "poor little girl" and "I feel so sorry" were also part of the plot. And so, the rest of the year was like this ...

When we are children, we don't have many references to follow; we simply believe everything we're told as the absolute truth. We know just a few things about the world; we have limited information, no safe parameters, and no idea who our true heroes are. Without knowing who we can compare ourselves to, we strengthen 90% of our unconscious beliefs through what we see and hear during this period, and we carry deep marks on the soul for the rest of our lives.

When we do not have financial independence, everything gets worse; the solution is to bow our heads and accept what is imposed on us. But when we grow up, we become adults, and then there is only one person responsible for all that: our own selves.

Well, that being said, I have good and bad news. The good news is that we can fight for freedom from these limiting beliefs. The bad news is that we are solely responsible for absolutely everything that happens to us. Everything we internalized made us create patterns that built who we are today. Unfortunately, we are not taught to control the mind to achieve what we need or want in life.