Chapter 26

I woke up with a splitting head. The room swam into focus and I realized that I was lying on a bunch of bones. I began screaming like a crazy person because I thought for a moment that the cannibals had decided that I should be on their dinner menu. I looked around and saw the only exit was a hole above me. I focused on flying out of there and turned into bats. I got out and gathered myself only to be greeted by an angry dragon. Its hide resembled snakeskin. It actually looked like a suit of armor protecting all of its body. The fire made the armored skin glow blood red. It had yellow eyes with a slit for a pupil. Its nostrils flared up and started to smoke. It gave a heart stopping scream and I knew I had pissed it off so I turned around and quickly ran back to the hole. The cave made it difficult for the dragon followed me as swiftly as it would like. But it tried to get me as fast as it could and so it could grab me. But it could not go through a narrow path. I thanked God that I managed to get to safety. It was weird that a moment ago I wanted to get out now I wanted to go back in again. Whoever brought me down here knew me so well. I hope I was back on Tiamat's island. I would like to make peace with the Kraken.

I stayed there till I was certain I would be safe. Then I covertly stuck my head out of the hole and saw that the dragon was walking away from the hole. It started to glow and it turned into a very handsome guy. He looked like a heartthrob. There is no way any man can be more handsome than him for all of eternity. When he disappeared from my sight I bolted. I snuck out as quietly as I could and reached outdoors to taste fresh oxygen.

It looked like a private dream island that was surrounded by calm tranquil crystal clear turquoise waters and a clear blue sky. But a few hundred yards away was another scene entirely. Guarding the island was the storm of the century. There were black and dark gray clouds with the wind blowing to a force of at least 900 hundred miles an hour minimum. Thunder rumbled constantly and lightning was striking so much that it felt like lightning was literally raining down. Rain was also pouring down but it was pouring down really hard. I am sure that no one could be able to see what is happening even an inch past the window pane. It wouldn't matter if they had their windshield wipers working overtime. The waves were coming in battalions. The smallest wave that crashed must have been at least a thousand feet. I saw with great terror at what looked like a fully loaded cargo ship tip over like it was a toy boat. But not before some of the containers flew in the air like they were paper airplanes as it was constantly struck by lightning a few dozen times. I saw sharks swarming in frenzies to attack the victims of the capsized vessel. Beyond that was smoke and thick fog. I knew going further without help would be futile so I gave up and turned back to the island where I just woke up.

The bird's eye view revealed much about where I was staying. The island was actually a skeleton of the most humongous dragon that ever lived with its wings spread. It looked like it had died a few millennia ago. It has all sorts of vegetation growing near its jaws, the vertebra, parts of its wings and also from its tail. There were shipwrecks near its ribs and toes. Also, there were birds of different varieties flying around. It took me a moment but I realized where I was. I read about this place in the library in Dracula's mansion. This place is called Dragon's cove.

This particular dragon's name was Drogon. He was one of the oldest and largest dragons that ever lived. Many knights and conjurers have tried to kill it but it had survived all of them. Every single dragon that lives on this island are his descendants. His bones acts as a protective sanctuary and shield for dragons to live in prosperity. So only chosen people could come ashore to his bones in peace. Chosen as in you have to be invited by the dragons that lived here. Otherwise the portal will open to the protective outer shield. Then the storm and the creatures guarding this island will destroy them. With the setting sun I saw armies of baby dragons of different colors, kinds and sizes come out along with their parents out of the eye socket like an army of bats. Even the adult dragons looked like miniature toys when compared to Drogon's skull. The baby ones danced around in the air swirling, nose diving and gliding before they went hunting. I decided that if I stay out here I might be target practice to these young ones so I decided to head to the shore.

I saw Zuni by the small sandbank near the tail end of the skeleton so I flew to her. She smiled and waved at me to come towards her. She told me that I was transported here till the fight between Drake and James ended. I told him that I have forgiven Drake. She says the council knows it. Apparently I was taken to see them after Zola had forced James to remove his wish from my head. This new order contraindicated the previous one and it nearly cost me my sanity. The mermaids had to work really hard to fix me. In the end I lost a fraction of my memory. Drake demanded to the council that Arthur must replace James as the leader of the house of Dragons. When it was done and James was ordered to go and manage the headquarters in Minsk the capital of Belarus. He says he has to set his affairs in order first before he goes. I was pleased to hear that but why was I here if he was settling his affairs. What does that have to do with me?

Zuni made a face and showed me that there was a heated argument about the affair that involved doing something to me. So for my safety the council ordered Dracula to chaperone me to the Gypsies to keep me safe till further notice. They opened a portal and asked Dracula who he would trust with my safety. He said he trust Zola but she was busy helping round up some of Poseidon's minions. So she outsourced it to Zuni. The gypsies asked Zuni to escort me anywhere she pleased till this situation dies down. She has to stay with me in case things got bad. She chose here because this was she was born. Since everyone on this island is friends with her I won't have any problems staying safe. The gypsies will open the portal back when things are put right.