disbelief.

jane

november 10th, 2:05 pm.

"how do we start this?" jane spoke up, leaning her back against the slightly uncomfortable chair. her eyes wondered around the office, it being her first time seeing a therapist. though, due to recently events; her parents are convince she needs it. and maybe she does. or maybe, she doesn't and this is just a big waste of her time.

"how about you start with what happened, jane." the older woman said, as she sat at her desk. she pulled out her notebook, and clicked her pen.
kelly, was her name. she had short dark hair and wore a more formal outfit. while, jane on the other hand wore brown pants, with a sage green and white flannel over a brown tank top.
jane looked to her therapist, her beginning to take notes.

"okay, well." she paused, "it all started—"

october 5th, 11:30 am.

jane bylers stood in front of the office ladys desk. she was slightly annoyed that she waited so long to get her paper work into the school. she was starting school almost two months later the the rest of the students. though, it was senior year.

her last year of high school. finally.

jane just moved to indiana, from illinois. she went from one small town over to the next, and somehow, it wasn't the biggest change in the world. of course is sucked leaving everything behind but at least she has one friend.

her new step brother, will byers.
their parents had just gotten married, and she was finally all moved into their new house. will had an older brother as well, his name was jonathan. though, he was in new york at the moment. studying to be a photographer.

the office lady, ms. gray, handed jane her schedule. jane faked a quick smile before turning away and heading straight towards the cafeteria. they kept the poor girl in the office for half of the day already, filling out an awful lot of paper work.

she was wearing her favorite washed out jeans, and a brown teeshirt, with white letters across it. she remembers that outfit, because it's one of her favorites.

her converse didn't make any noise against the solid floor compared to the female teachers and supervisors walking through with heals. jane couldn't imagine the thought of being in heals all day, she could barely walk from her closest to her bed with them on.

she reached the cafeteria, her bag hanging by her side. she looked around in the crowd of teenagers before she spotted her brother, will, waving her over to his table.

he sat across from mike wheeler, and maxine mayfield. jane sat beside will, immediately snatching the apple off his plate. she didn't want to get food on her own, for she'd be the only one up there after they've served food to everyone already. that would be so uncomfortable.

"this is mike," will spoke, pointing to the raven haired boy, "that's max." he said, referring to the ginger directly across from her.

"hi, i'm jane." she spoke quietly, just loud enough over the talking teens.

max and mike practically ignored her, mike was too busy pushing away max's hand's as she attempted to steal french fries from his plate.

"will you cut it out, you're so annoying, maxine." he complained.

"shut up, you know you love me." she said, jane drawing back her attention once her mission was a success, and she bit into her stolen fry.

"sorry, hi." max said, being a bit dismissive. mike have her a small wave before eyeing the ginger once again. dirty looks.

"as you can see, they're best friends." will half joked. god, they hated each other. and would barely admit to being friends. but at the same time; they were basically connected at the hip.

jane gave will a smile, before taking an other bite of her, also stole, apple. 
once mike and jane caught each other's eye, mike couldn't help but almost stare. for, he'd look at her up and down before speaking a word to the girl.

"cool hair, but it would look better on will." he joked, indicating that he thought she had a boy hair cut.

jane huffed, ridiculous. for her hair was just above her shoulders. it wasn't that short. it used to be a lot shorter, though. which made her a bit insecure. for an attractive boy to make shots at her like some game, it felt odd.

"be nice." max said, finishing her, or his, fries. looking over to the new girl.

"im just saying." he said. max grabbed his last fry from his hand, shoving it in her mouth, quick. "hey!"

the bell rung, indicating that lunch was over.
while max took off, popping her ear buds in and leaving the table mike followed close behind her. they had most of their classes together, therefore it wasn't surprising seeing them leave to go to the same place.

will and jane shared the same class, meaning, will was responsible in showing her to their class. they walked side by side. jane tossing her half eaten apple away, before exiting the cafeteria.

"do you think my hair is too short?" she asked him out of the blue, breaking her silence.

"no, mike it just teasing you. don't let him get to your head." he said, holding his notebook in his arms.

"does he do that to you? or does he just not like me?" she asked.

"it doesn't really matter, why are you asking?" will said, now approaching the class.

"i dont know, i'm still working on not being a people pleaser. i want to get along with your friends of course." jane said, fallowing him into the class.

"they'll come around, okay?" he said, sitting down.
jane nodded, as the class began. she tried her best to pay attention, for it was her first day. and she felt the need to catch up to the other students.

october 5th, 12:40 am.
once class ended, jane found herself wondering the hallways. the school suddenly felt so big, somewhere she could get lost in, in moments.

"are you lost?"
jane heard a familiar voice behind her, she turned.

"oh, mike. yeah, i need to get to room 23." she said. mike practically rolled his eyes, not caring to be her tour guide.

"where's your brother? is he also lost?" he half joked.

"i wouldn't know." she said, honestly. "i'll just find the class myself."

"yeah you will. maybe." he taunted, walking right through her, bumping his shoulder into hers. she moved back, as she turned to say something— he was already long gone down the hallway filled with lockers.

jane couldn't rap her head around will being such good friends with such big assholes. she was in disbelief, as she turned the opposite direction. walking down the elongated hallway towards what she hoped her next class would be.

thoughts & theories???  — sadie