depression.

max

october 30th, 7:43 pm
max stared down at the pills in her hand, swiftly moving her hand to her mouth, and pulling her head back for them to fall to the back of her throat, then leaning over, in front of the sink, taking a small sip of the streaming water before turning off the sink all together. she swallowed hard. now leaving the bathroom.

she was sick of her house, her parents bickering as always. she wasn't planning on going to the party in all honestly.

but she'd use any excuse to get out of the household. for max, the days her parents weren't home were the only days she felt at peace in the house. they both worked constantly just to keep the household afloat. her older brother, billy, finally moving out of the house made it seem a bit more empty by now.

even though they don't get along, and would often find themselves spewing negative words in each other's directions, she missed him around.

max loved her mom, but she was neglective to say the least. though her step dad, she prayed to the god, she didn't even believe in, for him to just leave.
her mom drank constantly, passing out on the couch before her step father could even get home. which always put him into a fit of anger. it always scared max. he had hit her a few times, which definitely scarred her mental image of relationships.

her parents tainted the idea of love, and turned it into misery and sadness.

there was times when the anger was turned onto her, and there was not very much she could do in those situations exactly. she hasn't lived in hawkins her whole life, but just long enough to know her way around the small town.

maxine wasn't ready for the party ahead of her. but she knew mike would be there. which definitely motivated her to go.

max wore slightly baggy jeans, and a gray hoodie. she didn't care to dress anyway different than she normally did, and even then she didn't have the motivation to anyways.

her hands rested on her bedroom window, she slid the glass up, and then the mental screen. sticking her head out first, and then the rest of her body followed after. she closed the window behind her, and began her walk to lucas house. it was just a bit passed the school.

though, not even half way through the walk max began to feel fuzzy. her mind felt like it was a few steps behind her body. her thoughts not being able to catch up fast enough, but at the same time, it was all too fast.

she watched her feet as she walked, she felt very funny. she envisioned walking on clouds, the light weight of her hair against her shoulders and back holding her hostage against the wind.

she wasn't cold, or hot. her finger tips tingled as she began to feel unreal.

she finally reached lucas's house.

stepping in, her eyes wondered across the dark room. looking for him.

mike, of course.

max knew mike had had a major crush on her for a while. and it was a nice thought, considering how she feels about him. but it was ruined the second he confessed his feelings, after a quick hook up.

max wasn't sure how to react, everything with mike seemed to be going so well. she didn't want feelings to ruin everything.