Chapter 12

It's been a week since my first  performance  back,  but something  felt off.

We had a huge birthday  party today,  it was so big that we all had to head directly  to our charging  stations.
"Goodnight  guys!"   I waved to everyone,   expecting  a bright energetic  day tomorrow.

That wasn't  the case.

I felt exhaustion take over the moment I was safely  in my charging  station.   I fell asleep,   not realizing something  was wrong.

When morning  came I felt even more sluggish,  like every ounce of power was drained out of me.    I had just enough energy  to reach the couch in my room,   collapsing  on the plush furniture.

I think my charging  station is broken!

I couldn't  move whatsoever,   so I used my last resort.    If I can muster  enough power of course.

With everything I had I let out a loud squawk,  the sound bouncing  off the walls was thankfully  able to reach someone.

Loud stomping filled  my ears and I knew exactly  who it was.

"WHO?! WHAT?! WHEN?! WHERE?!  IS MY PRECIOUS  EAGLE OK?!"

Monty's booming  voice blasted into my room.    He saw me on my couch,   drained.
His tail dropped at the sight of me draped on my couch.     Roxy's head popped up behind  Monty,  also sporting  a sad face.  
"Y/n too huh?"
Felix was in Roxy's arms just as drained as me.

"Everybody,  please  make your way to the atrium!"   Chica's directions had children,  teens, and adults  shuffling to the given location.

"What is going  on here?"  Jodi demanded as he pushed his way to my room.    "Both Y/n and Felix  haven't  charged since yesterday  morning Jodi."   Roxy explained,  "it seems their charging  stations  are dysfunctional."

Jodi was pissed.

"Not my animatronics.    Take them to your charging stations,   you will have to share till theirs are fixed.    I sure hope space isn't  an issue.   I spent all week upgrading  you all and I will not have your home affected either."

"Y/n"

Felix weakly tried calling  to me,  failing  to reach out to me.

"Are we going  to be ok?"

He asked in tears,   scared for him and I.

"Under Jodi's care,  we'll do more than survive. "

Monty carefully  picked me up and made his way to his room,   gently placing  me in his charging station.    He quickly nuzzled  me to reassure  me,  and closed the hatch to let me rest in blissful  peace.

Felix POV

The tears didn't stop,   I cry when I'm tired.   Sobs racked my body as Roxy tried soothing  me.
"Shhh,  it's ok my little birdie.   Roxy's  here,  I'll protect  you."

She gave me her best possible  attempt  at a kiss,   allowing  my sobs to turn into hiccups.

"Here,  why don't I stay with you while you charge?  How does that sound?"   
My beak trembled  as I nodded.    She repositioned  me so that I was hugging her front as she slid down to sit in her charging  station.    The door slid shut and I was sat on her lap,   grasping  on for life.    He fingers ran through  my spiked hair feathers,   lulling  me into a nice slumber.