Salt Days Pt.7: Who's the one in charge here?

September 16,2020, 9:25 AM

I was put into one of those confrontation rooms where a lawyer asks me questions. Rico was separated from me and taken back to his parents, which meant he was alone because his parents never paid attention.

I sat in silence until the lawyer came in. His black suit with white tie with his broad and straight shoulders made him look professional and very serious with his job. As he sat down, he asked me one question: "Are you the same brat that tried crossing the road as the cars drove through the road?"

This question brought me to alarm because that meant he was one of the people that were on the road as I went to save Rico. "Yes I was, I was in an emergency. I am very sorry." I said

He pulled out a sheet of papers and started rapidly asking me questions. "Who was the last person you saw with the little child? Is he related to you by any chance? Why were you by the alleyway? Was there anyone else there?"

"Look, that child, I know who he is and his name is Rico. He followed me to where I was because he wanted to go on an adventure but he ended up getting kidnap and now I'm ended up here. No, I am not related to him and he is the neighbourhood kid. Did you also know that there are these thugs that are trying to kidnap me and him? We barely made it out alive! And now I'm here..." 

"That's always good to know. Now, may I ask, are the 'thugs' you are talking about these?" The lawyer proceeded to show the photos of the knocked out thugs.

"Yep, that is them, they kidnapped the kid Rico and forced him to locate me. Now I'm here with you and your filthy self." I snapped angrily "You aren't helping and I am in grave danger. Please listen to me. Those guys tried to kill us, I swear!"

Me and the lawyer spent most of our time bickering on the case. He just didn't understand! The lawyer kept asking me questions that I had already answered and he thought that I was lying!

"Check the cameras" I protested "Check them! I am not lying!"

I was furious at that point. This guy had my nerves.

"Miss Willow, I can not allow you to take charge here. I think it's the better for you to talk to the judge for this, I'm sorry..."

He left disappointed and I sat there alone. How could've he not believe me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 16,2020, 10:50 AM

I sat there for about 20 minutes, checking my phone every 5 minutes. Had they forgotten about me? At the 23 minute mark, a lady with a black dress escorted me to the courthouse to plead whether I was guilty or not of almost killing someone. I was not known to this and I wasn't prepared.

I walked into the court where there were 12 jury members sitting down. Everyone turned to stare at me. I scanned the jury and most of them seemed to be surprised to see a teenager like me in court. I felt doomed as I sat down beside a police officer. 

The court case began with my lawyer stating that I had known the kid that was with me. One of the thugs, Mertin, who was also the witness, stated that he had found the kid with me and he brought him to safety.  My lawyer started asking them why it why it was in an alleyway. Mertin replied with a strong answer. "That child needed support so I brought him to my hiding spot, where it is safe."

Not sure if that was correct, they checked the security cameras and the footage was nothing as it seemed. It showed the gang of thugs talking to Rico nicely. I stared at it in disgust. Something was up. I prayed for something to cover that.

Seconds later, the courthouse door burst open and I turned around stunned. My savior  was here.

END OF PART 7