Out of Time.

Jack had arrived back with the SUV. He'd been gone for about an hour. Ianto was mostly interested in getting his car keys back, if he was being completely honest, but Jack was looking icy.

"Ianto, I'm gonna need you to file John Ellis' body into the morgue."

He'd said nothing more, throwing his coat aside and walking into his office, closing the door behind him.

That explained his mood, then..

It didn't take him too long to put John into the morgue. Ianto found that it was most of what he ended up doing in Torchwood, so he'd gotten accustomed to filling out the paperwork and putting the bodies into the storage. John's suicide had obviously put Jack in a pretty rough mood, Ianto wasn't keen on facing it.

Despite wanting to retrieve his car and just drive home, he didn't fancy the walk, and he supposed Jack would appreciate knowing that Ianto had finished. Slightly reluctantly, Ianto searched the hub for Jack and was a little surprised to find him in the shooting range.

Jack was blowing about 25 holes into the cardboard weevil's head with his Webley. Ianto watched him for about a minute, surprised he hadn't noticed that Ianto was there. When Jack had run out of bullets for the third time, he put the gun back in his holster and huffed.

Ianto stepped towards him.
"I uh.. Dealt with the body, sir.."
Jack didn't turn around, nor did he seem surprised that Ianto was there.
"Thanks."

There was a note of sarcasm in Jack's voice, not intended to mock Ianto, he'd have to assume. Still, Jack obviously hadn't wanted John to kill himself. He was angry. Probably upset.

Stepping closer to Jack, he moved his hands up to hold his shoulders, gently digging his thumb between Jack's muscles on his shoulder blades and along the back of his neck. Feeling some of the tention melt away from Jack's body, Ianto sighed. "I'm sorry, sir. You were bonding with John, I presume?"

Jack said nothing, but nodded, leaning in to Ianto, holding his head up slightly.

"Anything I could do to help, sir? Coffee, perhaps?"

Underneath his hands, he felt Jack chuckle softly. "Coffee would be wonderful..."
Something about being able to calm Jack down made Ianto feel rather powerful. Sometimes, Jack's mood was what stopped invasions. Ianto moved his hands down, massaging the bottom of Jack's shoulder blades. Jack groaned.

"You're pretty good at that, y'know..."
"Thank you, sir."
"...Don't stop..."
Ianto smiled. His plan to improve Jack's mood was clearly working. Stepping a little closer, he let Jack lean against him; as he did so, Ianto moved in to kiss his neck. It wasn't really suggestive, which was a change. It was oddly comforting. Jack had a lot of tention to wear off.

The amount of reliance Jack had in Ianto for keeping him up increased slowly, so he decided to hold his lips up to his ear. "My car's still at John's house. I hope you had more consideration than to leave it there."
Jack laughed and slowly turned around, still keeping close to Ianto. "Are you seducing me into giving you a lift to get your car back, Ianto?"

Ianto rolled his eyes. "No, sir, I'm seducing you into cheering up a bit... And THEN giving me a lift to get my car back.."
With a conclusive hum, Jack snaked his hands around Ianto's waist, leaning in and kissing him; not deeply, not for very long, but it was soft and warm.

After a moment, the kiss got deeper and Ianto tilted his head to one side, pulling Jack further in. Jack's hands held Ianto very securely against him, holding the back of his neck gently as if there to keep Ianto in position.

The kiss lasted a while, but eventually (reluctantly) Jack pulled himself away. "You owe me a coffee. Then we're gonna pick up your car and then you're taking me back to yours."

Ianto nodded, squeezing Jack's arms gently, idly rubbing them with his thumbs. "Of course."