[3] Detroit: November

Word Count: 5,091

October 31

     "Say 'cheese,' " Josh announced, and turned the camera to selfie mode. He made sure everyone was able to crowd into the photo, and then took a few.

     Kara had wanted to throw Alice a Halloween party, but Alice didn't exactly have any friends her age. She did seem to like Kara's friends, though, even if they only ever got to call, so Kara invited everyone over and told them to dress up. Everyone traveled to Canada for the day, happy for an excuse to all gather in one place. Markus dressed as Han Solo, Simon was Luke Skywalker, North was Poe Dameron ("What, did you expect me to be Leia because I'm the only girl? If anyone, let Simon be Leia. You're together now anyway."), Josh was C3-PO (he thought he was hilarious for the droid joke), Connor was Legolas Greenleaf, Hank was (a very very lazy) Gandalf, Kara and Luther were Wanda Maximoff and Vision, and Alice (by her own choice) was Ladybug from Miraculous.

     "Cheese!" Everyone echoed, and smiled.

     They had all contributed to decorations, food, and drinks, and Connor went with Kara and Luther to take Alice trick-or-treating. Overall, the night wasn't super eventful, but it was nice, and Alice seemed to have lots of fun, so it was worth it. At the end of the night, they all watched Nightmare Before Christmas before everyone went home. Everyone gave their special goodbyes to Alice, asking her how her night was and if she had fun. Markus picked her up and swung her around a bit- he was her unofficial uncle, and was the only person who wasn't anxious around her. He wasn't trained with kids like Kara and Simon, so he wasn't as worried about all the safety precautions, but he also wasn't completely unused to kids, and knew how to play. Alice seemed to be appreciative about it, she always laughed when he tossed her in the air or spun her or anything like that.

     When everyone had left, Alice put on Corpse Bride and fell asleep on the couch with candy wrappers on her chest. She woke up well after the movie was done, and Kara helped her out of her costume before tucking her in her bed.

     November 1

     "Thanks for coming," North greeted everyone warmly.

     "Yeah, of course! I haven't downloaded the information on this holiday yet, but what I know sounds really nice," Josh replied.

     "It's a celebration of life. My model is supposed to be Hispanic, so I thought I would just...see how it felt to celebrate something. I don't believe in the origins of Halloween, I think Thanksgiving should be abolished, Hanukkah is for a religion I'm not part of, and Christmas just doesn't seem like it's for me. But a celebration of life is something I can get behind," North explained a little. (She hadn't explained much when she invited everyone. It was just a text with a location, a time, and 'search Day Of The Dead.')

     "Cheers to that. By the way, North, your makeup looks great," Josh smiled.

     "Oh, thanks," North grinned back. She had done her makeup like a skull, but instead of plain white, the bones looked like an Android without the skin. It was quite impressive.

     "And this is the...second night, right? Isn't Día de los Muertos three nights?" Markus asked.

     "Yeah, it is. Tonight is the main night, though, as you can tell. I was thinking we could get some food, see what the craft stations are about, and maybe stick around for the band that plays at eleven p.m.?" North asked.

     [R2]

     "It seems there's an informational center, as well. They're handing out pamphlet downloads for Androids. I'd like to check that out," Markus added.