a little smile

a while later after their "date", it was now 8pm and the two went to the park near haneul's house.

haechan tapped at the empty space beside him, signalling the girl to sit there.

"me and my brother used to come here everyday and blow the dandelions and pick out flowers for our mom to put in her hair," haneul said, smiling at the memories when she and sungchan were little.

"do you guys not do that now?" haechan asked, turning his head to her.

"oh, we still do. just... not that often," haneul replied.

haechan stood up from his seat and walked to the flowers near the trees.

"what are you doing?" haneul asked as haechan tried to put a flower in her hair. the girl got flustered over how close their faces were.

just a little push and our lips are touch— what? no haneul. no.

haneul mentally slapped herself for thinking that.

"see, you look pretty," haechan said after putting the yellow flower into the girl's hair.

"was i not pretty before?" haneul crossed her arms, trying to hide the smile on her face, obviously failing doing so.

"i didn't say that, you're always pretty," haechan softly smiled.

"i think yellow would look good on you," haechan said, making haneul raise her eyebrows.

"really? i always thought yellow would look good on you too," haneul told.

haechan hummed in response and offered his hand, which haneul accepted.

"come on, lets get you home." haechan said, sending her a small smile.

they both walked side by side with their arms linked together.

and soon, they reached haneul's house. they unlinked their arms and haneul faced haechan

"thanks for today, haechan. i had fun," haneul said, twirling the flower between her fingers that once in her hair.

"i did too, wanna go somewhere with the other boys next time?" haechan asked.

"alright then. goodnight haechan," haneul greeted the boy, waving at him.

he waved back and smiled, melting her heart.

oh gosh, that smile.

_______________________

i hate exams so much