Walking Alone

Er, nothing much to say. XD

Enjoy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Reader's P.O.V.~

Okay, this was getting annoying to you. "Sting?" you said, trying to suppress your annoyance.

"Yes?" he responded innocently. He was standing beside you as you both were walking out of the school, since it was over.

"Can you stop following me?" you ask in a sweet tone.

"I'm not following you," he replied. "I'm just walking home with ya."

"Can you not?" you ask, stopping midway.

"Why not?" he pouted, stopping with you.

"Because I like walking home by myself," you stressed the 'by myself' part.

"But what if you get hurt? Or raped?" he asked. You roll your eyes, but you immediately think of the warning note, which was still in the pocket of your skirt.

"I'll be fine," you wave off, starting to walk away. Unfortunately, Sting caught up with you.

"It doesn't hurt to have someone with you," he insisted.

"What if it does?" you blurt out without thinking.

"Huh?" Sting frowns. You curse at yourself for saying that.

"Uh, nevermind," you say quickly. "It was nothing." For once, you hoped that his denseness would work in your favor. Thankfully, it did and he pouted childishly.

"Fine, I'll just walk home. By myself," he said, slowly walking the opposite direction of you. "By....myself...allllll.....alone.." You shake your head in pity.

"You're going the wrong way," you point out. Sting blinks a couple times before walking slowly, backwards.

"I....totally....knew....that.." he said slowly. You let out a sigh and walk past him.

'Baka,' you think in your head as you exit Sabertooth Academy and walk towards your home. Your feet instinctively knew where to go, so you let your mind wonder to your thoughts. You thought it was weird how much Sting cares about you when you've only been in his school for two days. No one else has given you much attention. The last time someone did, it was your mom. 'And now she's gone because of me,' you thought sadly.

Before you could continue thinking, you bumped into something...soft. You look up and see the girl from gym that you had hit because of her flirting smirking down at you. She was taller than you, but you weren't scared.

"Um, excuse me?" you say, trying to get out of her way. She stops you though and shoves you. You stumble and back and hit the brick wall of the alleyway you were on.

"We gave you a warning (y/n)," she snarled. We? You glance behind her to see the girl who was mocking you about hitting the wall and the other girl she was talking to.

"Oh, so it was you guys," you say emotionlessly.

"Yeah, that's right," the girl that mocked you smirked.

"Like, how stupid are you?" the other one laughed. Not, fazed, you get back up and dust off your clothes.

"It's not as if you could have him," you simple say to the first girl, who you assume is the 'leader'. She gave you a surprised expression that quickly turned into anger.

"Like you'd care!" she said loudly. She shoved you again, only this time was harder. You fall to the ground and wince when your knees roughly hit the gravel.

"We gave you a warning," she said.

"You already said that," you pointed out. She scowled, but it turned into a wicked smile. You let out a small yelp when she kicked you right on the kneecap. She wasn't very strong, she was pretty weak actually, but the tip of her high heels dug right at the center of your knee, making it as painful as a jock kicking you. She cackled at your reaction and kicked you again in the gut. You felt something warm and minerally as you coughed in response. The other girls joined her and they continued to kick you, each one giving you a new sharp pain. Your vision was starting to turn black when you heard something, or more specifically someone.

"STOP HURTING HER!"