Chapter 4

What you've all been waiting for-- part 4!!! YAYAYAYAY!!! Sorry about the wait-I had to attend a funeral for my g-grandpa.

Sophie screamed again.

Her parents stood there with large signs saying "SODEX FOR LIFE!!"

"NO!" she screamed. "NO!"

Just kidding! Shoutout to @HilmGrapes for the suggestion.

Sophie screamed again.

Her parents lay there, bloody and beaten, and Lady Gisela stood over them with a knife.

Her mind rolled in turmoil. This couldn't be happening!

"Sophie, Sophie. It's always interesting watching your little programmed brain try to figure out ways to save everyone. Sort of like watching a trapped bug under a glass. It knows there's no way out, yet it tries in despair, over and over and over, until it dies. Haven't you heard the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results," Lady Gisela said.

Mr. Forkle stood rigid beside her. "That's enough! Sophie is not a programmed thing, she is a person with a mind of her own, and free will and choices!"

"Didn't Einstien say that about insanity?" Sophie asked, suddenly confused even though it most certainly wasn't the time for that.

"Who?" Lady Gisela asked.

"...Never mind," Sophie sighed.

"Well since Sophie has free will, I have a choice for her. Her life, or her parents' deaths. It's all up to you," she said.

Mr. Forkle seemed to be calm, but his mental voice was shattering Sophie's mind. Miss. Foster. SOPHIE! YOU'RE WORTH IT!! We can save your parents. Please, don't join them. We need you. Mr. Vacker needs you. And... Mr. Sencen needs you especially. Are you really going to leave them all?

Do I have a choice? Grady and Edaline were the ones who adopted me, loved me, and cared for me. If they were here, they'd save me! And now you expect me to simply stand by and watch as they are murdered by the biggest criminal of the Elvin world?

NO! All I'm saying is, be reasonable, Miss. Foster. 

I AM!!

"If you two are done with your lengthy telepathic conversation, I will be taking Sophie and going now," Lady Gisela interrupted. 

"Wait how did you know I was going with you?" Sophie demanded.

"You're Sophie Foster. You try to save everyone. It's quite predictable, really."

"Fine. Just leave them alone!" Sophie shouted.

What if Lady Gisela killed them anyway?

What if they died?

What if... no. She couldn't let herself think that. That was the worst of the worst thoughts. She shut her mind up. 

"Here." Sophie's voice cracked as she stood over her parents' limp bodies. "Take me."

Suddenly, a glittering rush of light swooped through the yard, and a familiar voice cried, "NO! SOPHIE DON'T!"

But Lady Gisela merely smiled. 

She held out her hand.

Sophie placed hers in it. 

Ruy tied her up tightly.

And Keefe collapsed to the ground, after wounding Ruy and Lady Gisela with a dagger before they pulled Sophie in front of them as a human shield.

Sophie was a prisoner by choice.

I know, I know. Terrible chapter, am I right? I'm right. Lol well it's ten thirty at night. NO JUDGING!!!! Sorry it's short!

Have a good day/night and may God bless you in everything!