Chapter Seven

Well guys...long time no see--er, write, eh? Basically, I might be able to return. Not sure yet. But for now, I'll just be posting that chapter I promised almost a year *cough cough* ago... my apologies. 

"I cannot believe this," Sophie fumed, pulling out an eyelash. "I might have just triggered--no, I DID trigger a new ability in Lady Gisela, and now we're playing truth or dare?"

"Breathe, Foster." Keefe took her hand, sending her a green breeze. "You didn't know anymore than I knew my mother was evil all those years ago."

"The guilt would break you, he told me. Oh yeah? Well how about the guilt of knowing I triggered an ability but not knowing how to protect myself! Hm?? I can't do this!"

"Hey, power-girl, calm down. That's why we're gonna play a good ol' game of truth or dare," Ro butted in. "Get some excitement in sparkle town. Who wants to go first?" She wiggled her eyebrows, a disturbing sight. 

No one answered. 

"I vote Makeup Girl goes first." 

"Hey! You can't do that!" Biana protested.

"I just did," Ro replied sweetly. "So Makeup Girl, truth or dare?"

"Truth," Biana smirked. "I have nothing to hide."

Keefe scooched over and touched her hand. "She's lying," he announced. 

"Keefe!" Biana screeched. 

"Keefe!" Sophie said. "Let a girl have some secrets!"

"Foster, Foster, Foster. Will you never learn? The great Keefe Sencen knows all." Keefe ran his hand through his hair and struck a pose.

Linh hit him in the face with a ball of water, causing his hair to go flat. 

He jumped up, spluttering. "Gah! Wha..LINH! Agh! Do you know how much time I spend on this beauty?" He frantically patted his hair, racing to the bathroom. "I do it for Fosterrrrrrrrrr," he yelled over his shoulder, the sound fading away. 

Sophie cracked a smile. 

"Well back to the matter at hannnnnnd," Ro said. "Biana. Do you prefer blond, brown, red hair in guys? Or perhaps...black with silver tips?"

Biana blushed at she murmured, "Black hair." 

Are you alright? Fitz's voice asked her mind. 

Fine, I guess.

That was scary. Are you certain you're fine?? It wasn't your fault.

Yes, it was. I chose to inflict on her. I chose to listen to her. I did it. No one else. That makes it my fault. And what if I triggered some super powerful ability? What do I do then? I can't... she trailed off. 

Come on, Sophie, his crisp, accented voice begged her. Don't do this. You'll only break. And you can't! You're the only one who can heal broken minds. You'd be gone forever. We can't live without you. can't live without you.

She blushed. 

"Ahem. Foster?" Keefe asked, making her aware everyone was staring at her and Fitz. "Truth or Dare?" His face was tight and drawn. 

"Um... or?" Sophie blinked. 

"Uh, nuh nuh nuh. Fosterrrrrr. Come on, what's the worst you've got to hide?"

She looked at him. "I have secret information planted in my brain. I have a lot to hide, some of which is hiding just fine."

"So choose dare!"

"If you're asking me? Never."

He looked at her.

She looked at him.

"Truth," she groaned, flopping back onto Biana's sparkly pink bedspread and staring at the canopy.

"What is your favorite thing about me? I mean, obviously it's hard to choose, there's just so many awesome things, and the list could go on for hours! But, as hard as it is, can you attempt to choose one?" He pretended to faint, then copied her voice. "Oh Keefe, however will I choose among your many attributes? Your glorious hair! Your amazing humor! Your pranks! Your really cute bu--"

"KEEFE!" Sophie shouted as Ro started laughing.

"What? I speak the truth!"

She rolled her eyes. 

Marella snorted. "Gotta love this angst." She curled up next to Dex, causing some raised eyebrows. 

"Oh, I don't know. I can't say your hair, because your ego is big enough. I can't say your pranks, because I feel like someone ends up in Elwin's office often enough. Your... house?"

Everyone looked at her and she blushed. 

"Oh yeah, I mean if you love cold empty giant skyscrapers, then yeah, I can see it." Keefe's bitter tone echoed in her heart. 

What had he done to deserve such bad parents?

"Your hair," she reluctantly admitted, trying to ease the blow she'd accidentally dealt. 

"YES! FOSTER HAS ADMITTED THAT I HAVE THE GREATEST HAIR EVER! LONG LIVE LORD HUNKYHAIR!"

"Lord Funkyhair better hurry up and fix his hair then," Ro snorted. "Whatever you washed your hair with in the bathroom...well...."

Keefe shouted, jumping up and racing to the bathroom. "MY HAIR IS GREEN! MY HAIR IS GREEN! AHH!"

Everyone rolled their eyes. 

"Miss. Foster." Mr. Forkle came in. "Upon careful consideration, we might be able to tell you Lady Gisela's ability. On one condition."

"NAME IT!" Sophie shouted. 

"You listen completely."

"Deal!"

"Very well. Her ability, as far as can tell, is..."