March of Time: Shikamaru

Shikamaru POV

"Okay. We have all had some time to process, so let's continue our talks about the pack and what's been happening these past few months. Since Kakashi just did a lot of talking, how about we have someone else go next." Lord Third looks tired already.

"I can go next and cover Ino and Dad. This is all a drag, but I'm willing to do it." I sighed out.

"Very well then. Tell us what we need to know." The Hokage nods at me in a signal for me to start.

"Let's start how Kakashi did, with the first training session...

-~-;
Flashback
-~-;

Chō and I had been at the training ground five minutes early, and Asuma-sensei had arrived shortly after we did. It seemed the three of us were early in anticipation of what this training session would hold. We just stood around without talking until we heard some quick footsteps heading towards us. There was a shadow above us that quickly proved to be Ino's when she crashed to the ground with a roll that brought her back up to her feet quickly.

"Yo! Sorry if I'm a little late! The pile went a little longer than we intended! I'll try not to be late again." Ino spoke in a bit of a rush and looked anxiously in our direction, but she wasn't winded for all she looked like she had sprinted here desperately.

"You're actually just on time. Everyone else got here early for some reason. If I may ask, what's a pile?" Asuma-sensei smiled gently at her with curiosity shining in his eyes.

"A pile is basically just us laying with each other in a pile of limbs. We were doing a pile when we were summoned for the questions after the demonstration. I believe Naruto also mentioned dens then, so I'll explain that too. A den is simply a place one calls home. The pack will make temporary den on the road and then it's simply the area where we feel safe while in the wild. We have plans to purchase a few buildings and turn them into a main den and some private dens." Ino smiled at us as she seemingly rambled on without a care in the world. I noticed her hand digging through her pouch though.

"What are you looking for in your pouch?" My voice stalled her movements no matter how lazy it was.

"I brought something to improve our training rate, but I'm having some issues finding it. Excuse me for a moment while I search through my pouch in earnest." She turned away from us and actually looked in her pouch as she searched through it for what seemed like too long of a time for such a small pouch.

"Are you sure you brought it? You've been looking for it for longer than I would expect for such a small pouch." Asuma-sensei voices my thoughts, so I flash him a grateful look.

 "Oh! There's a lot of sealed scrolls in here, and I'm looking for a very specific one. Although I think I just found it!" She pulls out two scrolls and looks them over before putting one back and smiling at us. "It'll be just a second now."

She sits on the ground and unrolls the scroll. There are a couple of seals that she overlooks before placing her hand on the scroll and pulsing some chakra. Three small bottles pop out, and Ino looks over each one carefully before sealing two of them back. Ino then rolls up the scroll and puts it back into her pouch.

Ino holds up the bottle in a ta-da gesture and smiles at us again. Seeing our confused faces, she pops the cap and taps it into her hand until two pills roll out. She thinks for a second before looking back at Asuma-sensei and me. "Are either of you two hungry? I know Shikaku forgot to eat breakfast this morning because he was just waking up when I left, but I don't know if Shikamaru had breakfast or not. I don't know about Asuma-sensei either. He might eat breakfast due to ninja habits though."