Chapter. 3

When they finally stopped at thier destination it took a moment for one of the twins to process it. Dipper snapped out of his daze and nudged his sister to wake up. They both were taking naps on and off since road trips were long and boring. Mabel woke up with a start but soon realized it was only her brother. She blinked slowly and stretched while yawning.

"We're here," Dipper told her as she tried to rub some more of the sleepiness away. When she heard that she looked out the window. Suddenly realizing they were at Gravity Falls Mabel jumped out of her seat.

"We're here!" She exclaimed. She slipped on her backpack and grabbed her suitcase. She quickly said goodbye to the bus driver and was out of the door. Dipper chuckled as he followed after his sister. When both of them were out of the bus with their belongings, the doors shut closed. It started to drive off not long after.

Dipper glanced at his sister. He can see her radiate with joy and excitement. It warmed his heart seeing her like this. He also started to fill with some excitement himself. That's when Mabel started to walk in the direction of the shack.

"Come one Dipper! Everyone's waiting for us at the shack!" She exclaimed. Dipper nodded and smiled. Hestarted to walk as well. Making sure he was at the side of his sister. They walked in comfortable silence. Knowing the real fun will start when they get to the shack.

Once they made it to the shack the first ones to greet them were Soos.

"Soos!" Mabel practically squealed out. She dropped her suitcase and set aside her bag. She ran towards him and hugged him. Soos made a big 'oof' sound on impact. It took a second for him to process what was happening until he hugged back.

"Oh God, Mabel! It's good to see you again dude!" He gushed out. They stayed for a bit until they let go. That's when he spot Dipper. He didn't let the other twin have time to set down his stuff when he engulfed him a bone crushing hug.

"It's good to see you too Dipper!" He said. Dipper let go the suitcase.
"I- Can't - B-breath..." Dipper wheezed out. Soos heard this and let go of him.
"Heh... Sorry dude. I just haven't seen you in like years."
"It's o-ok Soos. Next time just make it less smothering like."
"Will do."

Dipper fetched for the suitcase handle on the ground. He let the suitcase tilt on him while he adjusted his backpack a little. Mabel grabbed her bag and suitcase that was left on the ground. They looked back at the man that was wearing a simple button up shirt with black slacks.

"Well follow me guys. You guys still have the attic to use. Since me and Melody moved out of the Shack three years ago." Soos said.

Dipper and Mabel nodded and followed him towards the shack. The shack was still the same. Even the falling s was still hanging where it always has. It was an odd sight to see a building still look exactly the same even after so many years of battles. When the group got closer, Mabel and Dipper could see that the store was still open. They all went inside and was greeted by different tourists wandering around the shop. Looking at merchandise or was talking to the employees around the area.

"Hey Max!" Soos called out. A thin looking man came not long after.

"Was is it boss?" Max asked.

"Could you close shop early? It's a special occasion."

Max looked surprised at first but noticed the two next to him. He nodded, " alright, I'll tell Jules and Sam."

"Thank you. Now Dipper and Mabel follow me." He gestured for them to follow. Soos, Mabel and, Dipper went one way while Max went the other. They went to the living area then up the stairs. They made it to the room that was all too familiar.