Chapter . 8

"Heya Pinetree! It's been a while," Bill greeted.

I carefully sat up, "A while? It's been like three days. Heck! It may have been a bit shorter than that. If those nightmares were your doing." I said as I dusted myself off.

"But three days is too much!"

"And, I can truly tell you that those nightmares were not from me." He pouted crossing his arms.

"Hmmm alright."

"Anyyy who, why are you back here again? Knowing you, you'll most likely stay far away from me as much as possible."

I shrugged, " I was just wondering around the woods. I guess since I was sooo engrossed in my thoughts, I didn't notice where I was going." Bill seemed to take this as a compliment as his eye slowly smiled.

"I guess your subconscious was pulling you towards me, huh?"

I shrugged again, "I guess."

"Well since you're here, let's talk." He said as he snapped his fingers. There was a flash of white as I shielded my face.

"You can look now," Bill told me. I slowly let my arm fall and gazed around in amazement. We were right now at a park. It actually had color.

"h-how?"

"Do you forget we're in the mindscape? It's basically a place you can mold into whatever you like! You should know this by now Pinetree."

"Now let's talk!"

"Wait, I thought you were the, 'no talk and play chess while sipping tea' guy with me." I said in a mocking tone as I crossed my arms.

The demon rolled his eye, " Well we aren't playing chess. I bet you can't even play it."

"W-what- I can too play it!" I stammer out.

Bill chuckled, "Sure kid. Whatever you say. As for the talking part, I'm bored. It does get boring staying in that statue the entire time."

"Can't you like see what people are doing? You know 'the all seeing eye'?" I questioned him.

"Well thing is that I can't. Remember my powers are dumbed down. Because of that, I can't go so far with them." He explained flying around me.

"I see... Well it's not like I can get out of here." I said shrugging.

"What do you want to talk about Bill?"

He stopped for a moment thinking of something, "What do you fleshbags normally talk about?"

I shrugged again, "Well anything basically. You can make small talk about how the person's doing or what they've been doing. Then you can get into more bigger and deeper conversations by making small talk. Or, just asking random questions."

"Ok.... Well how was your day?" Bill asked unsure of himself. He floated a bit forward indicating me to follow. I strolled along next to him, "Well other than being in the mindscape with my sworn enemy. I'm doing pretty fine."

"Wow ouch, that hurts."

I rolled my eyes, "What about you?"

The demon seemed to sigh, "Boring. Like I said, being in that statue is making me want to rip the skin from me. And not in a fun way."

"You don't even have.... I'm not even going to question it. Well since we most likely know some of the other small talk questions will be. Let's just ask random questions."
"Do you want to go first or me?" I asked Bill.