Chapter 5

She stared at both of them with happiness, sadness and relief. Before she had time to react she felt not one but two pair of arms embrace her tightly and felt herself be lifted off the floor slightly. She put two and two together and realized that Nikolai and Yuri were hugging the life out of her and might have forgotten she was currently pregnant. She wiggled in their grasp trying to signal them to put her down but got the opposite response and was squeezed tighter to the point that she actually thought they would squeeze the baby out of her.

"Pregn...ant here!" She choked out and felt herself be lowered back onto the lovely floor. Both of them started to apologize.

"I'm sorry Lydia but I am so happy to see you! We didn't know if we were ever going to see you again! We were informed of your escape but everything went dark after that!" answered Yuri as he placed both hands on her shoulders and Lydia could see that both were on the verge of crying. She could only fathom what they been through. She playfully punched both of them in the chest as she blinked furiously so she wouldn't cry. Both men acted hurt by her punch causing her to laugh.

"Don't go soft on me now," she said with a giggle before reaching out to caress their cheeks. She felt that this moment was a feverish dream but it wasn't. It was them. They were alive and not dead like she believed.

"Soft? My dear you do pack a punch for your size," laughed Nikolai as he put his own hand over hers, Yuri doing the same. She laughed before tears started falling down her face and she pulled the two into another embrace, this time with them being mindful of her round stomach.

"I thought I lost you two. I really did," she said as her emotions took over, "Promise me that he'll never take you two away from me again okay?"

"We promise Lydia," both men said in unison before they all laughed. Lydia wiped away her tears as Yuri placed his hands on either side of her stomach and moved them in a circular motion. He was extremely relieved that she and the baby were fine.

"Do you know what you're having yet?" Asked Yuri.

"A baby girl," She answered happily but with a sad undertone, "Hopefully she doesn't come out like her father."

"Let's hope not," agreed Nikolai as he too placed one of his hands on her stomach, "We heard news of the massacre. He's getting more reckless and ruthless to find you. I fear nothing will stop him until he has you." She gulped in fear. They all knew what kind of ruthless monster he was. Both men have seen firsthand what he's capable off even seeing the horrible arguments that Lydia and Makarov have gotten in that resulted them and a few others to get involved and stop it. One argument in particular resulted him putting his hands on Lydia and leaving a horrible scar on her back.

"I-I don't know how he keeps finding me you guys. I swear he's around every corner I go! I'm careful to cover my tracks, I'm careful on who I speak too! I was lucky this time around but it came with a price...if Tamara and her crew didn't see them in time I wouldn't be here in front of you two. Everyone in that safe house died because of me," She said as she put her head down in disappointment with herself, "I couldn't help them." Yuri grasped her chin and lifted her head so they were looking into each other's eyes.

"If you did help them Lydia you most likely be dead by now. She did the best for you, now you have to do her the favor and live. Nikolai and me promise to keep you safe from him, even if it kills us."

"I don't want more people to die Yuri. I've lost so many friends even my own brother to him. How much more blood needs to be spilled because of me?"

"My little sister," butted in Nikolai as he gazed at her with a sad look in his eyes, "You know Makarov will stop at nothing to get you back or to see you dead. Yuri and me might be the only ones that can keep him off your trail for a bit that's if we get the assistance of Task force 141. I'm going to take the assumption that you haven't been questioned yet?" Lydia nodded her head a no. "When they do question you, we'll be there in that room with you. Honesty is key here and they are good men. They won't turn on you or hurt you."