2

The front door of the shop opened and a little jingle sound could be heard alerting my presence.

A boy moved the black hair out of his face and turned to look at the person who entered briefly.

I tried not to look in his eyes because I still find it hard to socialize even though I'm about to apply for a job here.

I made my way to the back of the shop, my eyes roamed the display of supplies and foods down the aisles and shelves.

The linen lighting was very comforting and the setting made me feel less uneasy the longer I roamed around.

"May I help you with something?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned to look at him and tried to muster a small smile.

"I'm here to apply for a job," I responded, waving my application slightly.

He gave me a small nod and bowed, "We can do the interview now if you'd like. I've got someone in the back who can help."

"There's going to be two people interviewing me?" I frowned slightly at those words.

"Ah, he's the co-owner of this shop. don't worry he's nice, I'm sure you'll be fine," he smiled.

"What's your name by the way?"

"Y/n l/n" I responded.

His grin turned into a scowl for a quarter of a second and I felt my heart drop at his reaction.

"Mhm, okay let's go then.."

Terrific.

I bowed in response and mumbled a quick thank you before he led me into a small office in the corner of the shop.

When we walked I couldn't help but do double takes at all the store merchandise as we walked past the shelves.

Perhaps the mystery boy took notice because he gave me a small nudge and said rather annoyed,

"Hurry now c'mon.."

The look on his face confused me. before he had on a relaxed and carefree persona, but that changed real quick.

He opened the door to the corner office and stepped in, not even bothering to hold it open for me.

Did he know me from somewhere? Is that why he's upset? I pondered.

I pulled open the handle rather forcefully and as he stood to the side, a taller boy not much older than him looked up from his workspace and said without hesitation,

"Take a seat y/n."