6

The next morning arrived slower than usual.

I assumed Sangwon or Woochan would see us out yesterday, but they both left on an ominous note.

When I walked into the store I didn't see any of them anywhere at all.

I expected to at least see junil somewhere but instead was greeted by a boy about my height who I had never seen before.

He looked worried, but upon hearing my arrival he relaxed a bit.

He rushed over to me in a flash and asked hurriedly, "are you one of the new employees Sangwon hyung was talking about?"

I nodded my head.

"That's me. My name is y/n, I hope you've only heard good things about me I assume?" I joked.

The boy scratched the back of his head and looked down.

Great

"Well actually, he didn't say anything bad.. Woochan did kind of uh-"

He paused and slapped his mouth with his hand.

"Probably shouldn't have let that slip, should you?" I asked grinning from ear to ear.

He whimpered, but I just laughed it off.

"No worries, I already knew he had something against me. well my brother actually- but he doesn't trust me for some reason either so i don't know.." I trailed off.

"Never mind. What's your name?" I asked trying to make the conversation less awkward.

"Han Jihoon," he responded.

"Ah, you must be the other employee they were talking about."

Jihoon nodded. "When do you think Junil will arrive? I'm not sure what i am supposed to do first."

I shrugged. "Don't know to be honest, I thought Sangwon or Woochan would have been here by now."

The shop door opened revealing a disheveled looking Sangwon.

"Oh y/n, thank god you're here. Woochan didn't say anything to you yet did he?"

Sangwon was inches away from my face at this point, his panting breathe slightly fanning my face.

It was awkward for sure. but no less than Jihoon standing a few feet away from us confused.

"Hello? I'm here too you know," he asked somewhat annoyed.

Sangwon turned his head and grinned.

"Ah good afternoon Jihoon. Inhyuk will be here any minute to starting helping you with the stock that needs shelved in aisle 3, 7, 8..."

His voice trailed off in my head. I
was still dumbfounded from our literal face to face interaction not even a full minute ago.

It didn't make me feel uncomfortable necessarily. but the tension was high, and I was still trying to figure out his demeanor on me because it seemed to change within seconds.

"Y/n."

I came back to reality and blinked at him.

"F-follow me, we need to talk for a second," he stammered.

Jihoon just raised his eyebrows at both of us and stared, as Sangwon grabbed my wrist and dragged me in the direction of the corner office.