5

Junil gave us a brief tour of the shop. there was a small janitorial compound used for cleaning up any spills, and a stock room where we were informed of frequent visits.

While giving us the tour, only half of my attention was spent on the task at hand.

The other half of my attention span was diverted to the sangwon boy.

He was a such a mystery to me and i didn't know why.

He apparently didn't go to the same school as us which meant he was either homeschooled or already out.

However, he looked a little young to have already graduated. When we were finished we made our way to the cash register where we started.

"So do you guys have any questions for me before you start tommorow?" Junil asked politely.

James and JJ raised their hands immediately.

Junil called on JJ first, (making James huff in disappointment.)

"Which days will James and y/n be sharing shifts with me?" he asked.

"Well Woochan was planning on having you and James work on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays."

"And as for Tuesdays and Thursdays Sangwon and y/n plus one new applicant. so I'll be moderatimg you the days you and James work JJ."

"If we work here does that mean we get free stuff too?" James asked immediately after.

JJ and I both rolled our eyes and he responded, "if it were me running the place I would probably let you, but Woochan would probably say otherwise and have my head on a pike."

"Understood," I chuckled.

"What about me?" Woochan asked, suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

Junil pretended to fiddle with the cash register and mumbled a tiny "nothing."

-

"While Junil is giving those three the rundown of the place, I thought I would ask a favor of you Sangwon."

Sangwon looked down at his feet ready to expect something rash from him.

"I arranged the shifts specifically for you to keep an eye out on y/n. you have a good judge of character and I'd hate to make the same mistake with another employee."

Sangwon shook his head and sighed.

"I don't get why you are so insistent on y/n give her a damn chance."

He furrowed his eyebrows and continued, "what happened in the past happened, how can you expect her to enjoy working here if you always look over her shoulder?"

He gave him a sad smile.

"It won't be me looking over her shoulder."

Sangwon scowled, "no way."

Woochan nodded. "It'll only be for a little while so I get to know her behavior a little better. You can't expect someone to not pick up attributes from their siblings?"

He continued, "besides, i'm willing to up your pay personally if you just go through with this simple task."

"This isn't an experimentation lab idiot."

Woochan made to lunge at him but stopped himself.

"Well we are gonna find out aren't we?" he asked, his voice laced with malice.

Sangwon glared down at him. his stance growing more hostile with Woochan's words.

"I'll prove you wrong then," he snarled.

Woochan folded his arms and leaned back on his chair carefully.

"Prove me wrong then Sangwon. prove to me they aren't all the same."

"You'll find it's easier said than done."