12

Sangwon walked briskly passed the wrecked buildings adjacent to the sidewalk.

Once again he did not fail to leave me behind at a rapid pace, barely being able to catch up with him.

"You just punched that man!" I yelled, out of breathe.

He turned around and watched as I put my hands on my knees and regained my composure.

"Yes! I did, that's what you wanted right!?"

"To be your little guard dog?"

I looked up at him and was taken back by the snarl etched on his face.

"No. This is not what I'm talking about, I'm tired of trying to keep up with the rest of you all."

"It's getting to the point I might quit if you keep acting like this. You are honestly one of the most irritating people I have ever met!" I shouted furiously.

"Me? You should be in my shoes, you constantly stick your nose in other's business. No wonder you don't know anything," he shot back

"I'm taking my leave tomor-"

"I'm sorry."

He looked sorry too, his head hung low and it left me feeling genuinely unsettled.

"Are you really?" I asked in a low voice.

"Yes, I shouldn't have acted that way to you," he paused before continuing.

"I don't know if you'll have it in your heart to forgive me but I truly am sorry."

I smiled slightly, "of course I have it in my heart to forgive you. But.. promise you won't be like that again?"

"I promise."

I struggled to get words out of my mouth, now that I was still breathless from trying to catch up with him.

"Thank you for saving me... who knows what he could've done Sangwon."

He just shook his head, "It was nothing. Let's just go back, I'll tell Woochan he didn't have them yet."

I chuckled, "maybe also tell him to cut ties with him permanently, and file a report to the police or something."

He snickered in response and swayed a bit when he walked in a carefree way.

There was something comforting about having his presence near me even though only a few minutes ago he supposedly 'punched' an old man into tomorrow.

I was still unsure of what I really saw in that label shop but at the moment I was too caught up in my happiness to contradict it.

When we arrived back, Woochan was visibly upset when we came back empty-handed.

It didn't matter though.

Sangwon and I were officially on good terms now and there wasn't anything else that could ruin my mood.

Not even Leo slamming the door open when he arrived home.

I decided not to tell him what happened at the label shop for fear he would either rage or just not care.

You could never tell with him.

But I went to sleep that night thinking about how the days would change now that the road ahead of me was starting to clear.