1

"Are you sure we have to move to Hawkins? I mean after everything I went through at the lab?" I asked my adoptive mother. She looked at me and sighed, "Yes. Listen your father got a job offer, and I hear that Hawkins is a lovely place."

I nodded and grabbed the last of my boxes, loading them into the truck. "I'm gonna go ahead and drive down there. It's a long drive and I want to explore a little, maybe claim my room." I told my mom.

"Alright honey, drive safe." Was all she said, so I grabbed my keys and left. I won't lie we have money. Like too much money for our own good, so I drive a nice car. I've always had a job though, and now I have to find a new one. I think I'm just going to find a small little retail store. Nothing in food. Never again.

I pulled out of my driveway and waved to the house I lived in from the ages of 12 to 17. It's not too sad considering I hadn't lived there too long, but I know for my siblings it can't be easy.

My favorite song by The Flamingos came on and I turned my volume all the way up. I rolled my windows down, and lit a cigarette. "I don't know if it's cloudy or bright, I only have eyes for you." I sang along.

It's old, but I love it. I can also sing very well so that's a plus when I have people in my car. I stopped for a drink at a gas station and kept going.

——————

"Welcome to h̶a̶w̶k̶i̶n̶s̶ HELL" is what the sign read. I laughed to myself because I knew that much. I took in the scenery, as I saw a burnt down mall, gas stations, grocery stores, a video store! Nice. I'll have to remember to go there.

I followed the map to our new house. Jesus christ it's huge. I took the keys out of the ignition and got our new house keys, unlocking the door. It's so modern. It's 3 stories high but in my parents defense they did have 4 kids and me.

I walked up to the second floor looking into all of the rooms. I found the master which would be my parents room, and some big bedrooms. I went up to the third floor where I found a huge bedroom with its own bathroom and a balcony that showed the backyard and part of hawkins. Yeah, definitely mine.

I grabbed the boxes I had and took them into the room I had already claimed, unpacking my toiletries since they were the only thing that I could unpack because my new furniture hasn't gotten here yet. It's supposed to be here today so fingers crossed.

——————
1 week later

All of my furniture and things have arrived and I'm the only one on the third floor since everyone else wanted to be on the second. Good for me I can play my vinyls super loud.

"Sal?" My father called. "Yes?" I yelled back heading down to the first floor.

"You start your senior year at Hawkins High in two weeks. That gives you time to get adjusted to Hawkins and maybe find a job. Or a gir-" I interrupted him by whacking him on the shoulder.

"I'm not looking for a girlfriend right now dad." I laughed. I've always been super thankful that my family accepted me. Sometimes they're a little too accepting though.

He nodded with a small smile. "I do think I'm gonna go look for a job though." I told him.

——————

I pulled into the video store parking lot sighing. I really do not want to walk in all new and shit. Oh well. I got out of my car and opened the video store doors.

"Hi welcome to the video store my name is Steve Harrington, how can I help you on this fine day?" The weird man named Steve asked me from behind the counter.

"Uh.. I was just wondering if I could get a job here?" I asked slightly confused at why this man seemed so.. happy? "Oh I mean yeah Robin can just put you into keith's files he probably won't even notice." Steve says waving his hands around.

     "Okay.. um so when can I start?" I question considering he really didn't give me anything to go off of. "I mean you can start now." Steve shrugs.

     I nod and hop over the counter. "These were organized horribly." I say running over to a shelf with a bunch of VHS tapes on it. "I know right? I've been trying to tell him but he thinks VHS tapes suck." I look behind me to see the girl who said this. I think my knees are gonna give out..

     I look over to Steve, "You think VHS tapes suck?? I bet you think playing music on vinyl is bad too, huh?" I question him. He shrugs, "I mean.." I interrupt him by smacking him upside the head. "Don't finish that sentence. Vinyl has better sound quality than CDs." I state.

     Robin ran over to the shelf I was by and I got a rush of air that smelled like her straight into my face. If my knees weren't weak before they sure are now. Robin smells heavenly. All she did was straighten out a VHS tape. I decided to just walk into the back to ... manually ... sort the VHS tapes.