8

heyy so uh it's been a minute.... LMAO i'm so sorry. i died. thank you for being patient and i hope you enjoy :)

     Everyone was walking to the cars to go talk to the school shrink. Steve noticed that Nancy was walking towards her car and not his. Steve was oddly concerned about this, and yelled "Whoa, whoa, Nance." Nancy didn't pay any attention. "Nance!" Finally Nancy turned around. "Nance, where are you going?" Steve asked. At this point everyone was staring at the two.

"Oh, there's just something I wanna check on first." Nancy states with a smile. Salem didn't hate Nancy, she had a fire to her. "Something you maybe wanna share with the rest of us?" Dustin questioned her. "I don't wanna waste your time it's a real shot in the dark." Nancy explained kindly.

"Yeah, okay." Steve scoffed. "Are you out of your mind? Flying solo with this Vecna creep on the loose? No. It's too dangerous you need someone to.." Steve stops and turns to me. "You're driving right?"

     "I mean no you're supposed to drive back that was the deal. I'm not driving someone else has to do it." Salem states sternly. Steve and Salem always had a deal that when one drives more than 3 times with everyone in the car the other had to drive.

     "Okay, you drive." Steve says pointing to Robin. "I'll stick with Nance, alright? You guys take the car, check out the Shrink." Steve demands. Salem laughs a little because she knows Robin doesn't have a license. "I don't think you want me driving a car." Robin tells Steve. "Why?" He asks. "I don't have a license." Robin states. "Why don't you have a license?" Steve questions, obviously annoyed. "I'm.. poor." Robin shrugs.

      "I can drive." Max offers. Steve snaps his head over to her with wide eyes, "No. No, never again. Anybody but you. No!" This makes Salem raise her eyebrows. She now wants to know why Max had such a bad reputation with cars. Steve looks over to Dustin who was smiling. "No chance." Steve says sternly. "Come on!" Dustin exclaims. "No." Steve responds.

     "Alright, okay. This is stupid." Robin starts, grabbing Salems hand making tingles spread through both of the girls. They hid their flustered state well. "Us ladies will stick together. Unless you think we need you to protect us." Robin says looking directly at Steve. She put her arms up and turned around. Salem through Steve her keys, walking with Robin and Nancy.

      "Be careful!" Steve yells to the girls who don't pay any mind to him. "You just gonna stand there and gawk?" Dustin says. "Shut up." Steve mutters. "Why don't we go, okay?" Dustin pokes fun. "Shut up and get in the car." Steve demands. Dustin opens the door, "Wipe your feet." Dustin looks up at Steve, puts his foot into the car and wipes it on the floorboard. "On the outside, not the inside! Salem's going to kill me." Steve groans annoyed. "Always the babysitter. Always the goddamn babysitter." Steve yells.

———————

     "Wait.. let me get this straight- Eddie's uncle thinks that Victor Creel escaped Pennhurst Asylum, and that he's the one running around Hawkins committing these murders?" Robin rants. Salem couldn't tell if this was a good or bad rant of Robins, but she could tell Nancy was highly annoyed.

     "Pretty much." Nancy says in a monotone voice. "But Victor commuted the eyeball murders like way back in the 50's." Robin points out thoughtfully. Salem sighs as Nancy corrects her, "Well '59." While they open the doors to the library. "So that means that these murders predate Eleven and the upside down by about 30 years?" Robin rants.

Salem still couldn't tell if this was a good or bad rant, but she could tell that Nancy was beyond annoyed with Robin. "Yeah." Nancy sighs ringing the bell on the counter. "Which makes spooky Victor Creel like 70 years old." Robin thinks aloud. "Yep." Nancy sighs reaching for the bell and ringing it, hopeful someone would make this stop soon.

"So, he's a grandpa murderer." Robin drags out, waving her arms. "Who can turn invisible and lift people into the air." She finishes. "Robin.." Salem starts. "It.. doesn't make sense, I know. That's why I said it was a shot in the dark." Nancy says, still extremely annoyed.

"I know. I just thought that by "shot in the dark," you were being modest or hiding something super solid up your sleeve that you were gonna wow us with later—" "Robi-" "-but this is really, truly, a shot in the dark. Like we are snipers who've been spun around 50 times." Robin rants while Nancy continues ringing the very annoying bell on the counter.

     "Coming!" The librarian yells from the office she was in. The librarian rushes out, a bit annoyed. "Hi, sorry we are in a bit of a rush." Nancy begins, "Could we get the keys to the basement archives?" She asks sweetly. Salem is a little stunned by nancy's fake sweetness. "Of course, give me one sec." The librarian smiles, and hurry's back into the office.

     "Did I come off as mean or condescending or something?" Robin asks looking over to Nancy anxiously. "No." Nancy responds blandly. "Right. Sorry, it's just you seem annoyed." Robin begins another rant. "For fucks sake.." Salem mutters. "I don't really have a filter or a strong grasp of social cues."

     "Okay." Nancy sighs. "So if I say something that upsets you, just know that I know it's a flaw. Believe me my mother reminds me daily." Robin exclaims. "Got it." Nancy says, getting even more annoyed somehow.

     "All right, ladies. Here you go. Have fun." The librarian smiles sweetly. "Yep, we'll try." Nancy sighs, and Salem nods her head waking after Nancy. Robin looks over at the librarian with an awkward smile and walks off as well.