3

"Oh yeah this is her-" Steve starts before I interrupt him.

     "Nine?" She asks with wide eyes. "Eleven!" I squeal and run up to her, hugging the shit out of her. "You got so grown up." I observe. "So did you! My grammar is getting better."

     "I have amazing grammar now, I could help you. Also, you can just call me Salem now." I smile. "Okay, Salem." El hugs me again.

"Okay who is this?!" The curly headed short boy yells. "Oh, that's Salem she just moved here. She also works with us." Robin explains. I nod pulling away from El.

"Okay... well you can leave. We have business to take care of!" He yells again. I shake my head lifting my hand, and moving a VHS tape off one of the shelves and smacking him repeatedly with it. "Okay. Okay! OKAY I GET IT." He squeals.

I drop my hand, and the VHS tape drops. "Wait no way you have powers too?" The redhead asks. I nod reluctantly. If Eleven trusts them I do too.

"I escaped the lab a long time ago, but I get the feeling quite a bit has been going on in Hawkins behind the scenes. Fill me in quickly if you don't mind?" They all nod and begin telling me everything that had happened in the last 3 years.

——————

"Okay so there were Demogorgans that took over Hawkins until El closed the gate, and then there was a mind.. flayer that.. flayed people, and then El lost her powers, and now there's.. this?" I ask unsure.

"Yes! So we need your phones to cal around and find out where Eddie might be!" Dustin squeals.

"Okay, okay take the phones." I yell putting my hands up in surrender. The children push past me and I look at Robin boredly.

I walk into the back and sit on the swivel chair spinning in circles. "What are you even doing?" Robin asks walking in. "You know you could be a little nicer I could literally force your shoulders out of socket with my mind just to torture you."

"Oookay. So, me and Steve-" Robin starts before I interrupt her, "Steve and I" I correct. "Okay Steve and I are going to the drive in and I was wondering if you wanted to come." Robin asked. She sounded unsure, nervous. "Aw, my first invitation in Hawkins!" I coo sarcastically. "Anyways yes, I'll go."

We go back out into the main room to hear them talking about some Reefer Rick dude. "What's going on?" I question. Seems they've figured something out.

     "We were calling around and found out that Eddie gets his drugs from someone named Reefer Rick, and sometimes he crashes there." Max explains. I don't know who that is so I'll let them have at it.

     "Sounds promising. Where does this Reefer Rick guy live?" Robin questions. "See, that's the thing," Max mumbles, "No one knows." Now how the hell do these whores get themselves in these situations?

     "He's more of a.. legend than someone that people actually know." Max mumbles. "Last name?" "I don't know that either." She sighs. "So we know nothing about this guy? How deadly he may be? We don't know his name, we don't know where he lives?" I question in a frustrated manner.

     "No. I bet the cops know the last name though." Steve mumbles from one of the carts by the door.

     "What?" Max asks. "Cops." Steve repeats, "I mean if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point. Means he's in the system." Steve points out. I roll my eyes.

     "Really steve? That's your suggestion?" I question him annoyed. I mean come on, I'm not stupid but I know we aren't trying to put Eddie or anyone else in jail.

     "I think they should be filled in on what we know. What's going on." He mumbles. I move over to a shelf with some tapes on it to put them where they're supposed to go.

     "You think eddie's guilty, don't you?" Dustin asks with annoyance laced in his tone. I look over and raise my eyebrows, watching this unfold.

     While Robin and I were in the back I guess El left to head back to California considering she has now vanished. "Whoa! I believe in innocent until proven guilty, all that constitutional shit." He defends himself, "I just, you know, don't think we can rule it out."

     "That's precisely what we're trying to do here, steve." Max says.

———————

     We're headed back to the video store to go home for the night after Robin was a genius and thought to look in the store accounts for a Rick and narrowing it down, and finding Eddie in a shed. Anyways, he isn't guilty.

     Steve drops Robin and I off at the store, and leaves. I guess he forgot about Robin because now she has no ride. We walk into the store to grab our personal stuff.

     "Hey.. do you want to have a sleepover tonight? " I ask Robin. I want her to say yes. Like I desperately want to get fucked up with her.

     "Uh, I mean, My parents are out of town so I can. Why?" Robin asks. We hadn't talked much but I wanted to get to know her. I have a weird interest in her.

     "Well that's kind of funny because my parents are out of town too." I laugh. "Anyways, i'm gonna be home alone with my siblings and I want to get to know you better." I explain.

     "Okay.. sure." Robin accepts my offer with a small smile on her face. "Can we smoke?" She asks.

     "I thought you'd never ask! Of course we can."

     She nods and we get into my car after locking up the store. We drive over to my house screaming the lyrics to the music playing on the radio.

     Yeah, I like this girl. I wonder if this is gonna turn into anything.