Chapter Nine

"Oh?" Gwen said with a broken voice, realizing it was all love, love was the center of the whole thing.

We were two opposite halves, each filling the weakness of the other.

So she was compatible.

"Yes, love, love is what will help you find this journey easier, and faster," Sybil said.

"But it's okay, you can still go with him to help him," Mom broke the awkward silence to make Gwen feel okay.

It seems we were forcing it on her.

"Don't worry Gwen, this journey will be okay, I trust you," I tried to soothe her.

She replied with a soft smile, exposing her cute little dimples, which I didn't realize earlier.

"Here's a book containing information about magical creatures and plants, their purposes, and how to defeat them. The book shows the weaknesses and strengths of each plant and creature," Sybil said and handed a big hardwood-brown covered book with brown pages to me.

I took it and flipped to see the first page. It contained handwriting in italics, from the look of things, the book was very old. On the spine of the book was a strange symbol, it looked unique.

"What's this symbol?" I asked.
"It is the symbol of the greatest magical library in history," Sybil said.

After the blue forest, is a haze, which distinguishes the forest from the human realm. It is made unseen by this haze and only sorcerers and warlocks know where it is.

"So you mean when we get out of the light mist we've arrived?" I asked.
"Yes, young prince."

"Okay, so afterward what do I do?" I asked.

"Your journey is not an easy one prince, monsters, other creatures, and even humans will pursue to draw you back, therefore you need to make the journey, another journey, to find the Dragon's Blade, this sword is an unbreakable one and a powerful one, forged from the fire breath of the last dragon who ever lived, storing its magic in it. This makes the sword penetrate everything and it can be possessed by only you." Sybil said.

"Oh, I see, why can it be possessed by only me?"

"Because it was made for you to help you break your curse, the last dragon sacrificed for you. It knew, that in the wrong hands, the sword could bring great destruction," He explained.

"Oh okay,"

"Here's the map to the sword." He handed a big brown sheet to me. It was fascinating how the mountains on the map stood dimensionally on the sheet and could move when I turned around.

"This is where the sword is," Sybil pointed to the tallest mountain amongst the tallest.

"Why will it have to be the tallest of the tallest?" I asked frustrated.

"That is where the dragon kept it," Sybil answered.

"Oh, God." I sighed.

"On that mountain, is a ferocious monster; the guardian of the sword. You would have to prove yourself worthy to be able to possess the sword. Many tried when they heard about the sword but were ended by the guardian, so you have to be smart, else...,"

"I'll die?" I asked.

"I'm certainly not sure about that too," Sybil said.

"Oh?" I said.

"So after getting the sword, then we start the real journey?" Gwen asked.

"Yes," Mom said.

"But how will I use the sword? I can't sword fight," I said.

"Well Gray, when the time comes, it'll come by itself," Mom said.

"What? I have no idea about a sword fight," I said.

"Well you'll have to find someone to teach you," Sybil said.

"Huh? You said I shouldn't trust anyone and besides my time is limited too, only twenty-one days to finish the task and I'll have to learn sword fight too?" I said.

"Learning sword fight doesn't mean trusting people, and since you've learned sword fight in all your lives, it'll come when you start learning, that's why your mom said when the time comes it'll all come," Sybil explained.

"Oh okay, I get it now," I said.

"Make sure you don't speak any of the words in this timeline there," Mom said.

"What words?" I asked.

"Words like what's up, gonna, wanna, and the new accent," Mom said.

"Wow, this's gonna be difficult," I said.

"Ah ah, this is going to be difficult, you should start practicing from now," Mom said.

"Okay," I said.

"Okay," mom replied.

"Won't you gimme any map to the curse?" I asked.

"Give. Me," Mom said.

"Oh Mom it'll have to take time," I said.

"You can't risk this chance and Gwen's life, Gray, any foreign accent will draw attention and I can't afford to lose you again. And this time when you fail the curse will be with you forever." Mom said.

I was startled as to how she spoke, she wanted me to break the curse.

"This map is only in your father's castle, in his chamber in a hidden place. He kept it from everybody and won't hesitate to kill anyone who tampers with it," Sybil said.

"He's my dad, I can just take it," I said.

"He doesn't know you," Mom said.

"What?" I asked.
"Yeah, he doesn't. We left that timeline after you had died eight times, I came here with Sybil and left a note with blood stains on it; he thinks I'm dead, which explains why the map is with him and will kill anyone. I came here with Sybil thinking that the curse remained in that timeline but it didn't," Mom explained.

"Oh? So how do we get that map?" Gwen asked.

"You two have to go in as servants, one of you would have to win the king's trust, to be able to dress his chambers, this will give you the chance to look for the map when dressing his chambers, but make sure you don't utter a word about the map else..."

"Else... What?" Gwen asked.

"You're dead," Sybil said.

"I leave you with these words, be smart, be vigilant, and be each other's keeper," Sybil said.

Both of us nodded after he had said this. The skies were now blooming with great yellowish-orange light; it was midday.

A few hours more to pay a visit to the land of the past.