Chapter Twenty-Two

"Sybil, I need to tell you something vital, something nobody ever knew," Ananda, Gray's mom told Sybil on the phone.

She lived alone in the house now that Gray had gone to settle the score between his life and evil.

What she had kept to herself for all this time was now haunting her and she was getting serious dreams and visions, which explained certain things but not too clearly for her to understand.

Any time she slept or even dozed off, she saw massacres, deaths, unending battles, wars, and annihilation, and she saw her son, Graye.

"Yes, I also have something important to tell you but I am listening to you my queen," Sybil answered.

"Is it about Gray?" She asked.
"Yes," he answered.
"What about him?" She asked.

"So many things have changed, since the last entry of the young prince into the land of the past," he said.

She kept quiet on the phone and didn't respond.

"My queen, I fear a great misery might befall, he might not be able to accomplish it this time too, dark forces have become eminent in the land of Elivse, and Due himself is their leader," he said.

"What happened?" Ananda asked.

"I have not yet found out the root of all these things," he said.

"I have something to tell you which might help us," Ananda said.

"What, my queen?" he asked her intrigued by what she said.

"I have hidden something from everybody the entire time. If I had told you I think we may have gotten the chance to break the curse ourselves and not the children," she said.

"What happened my queen?" Sybil asked.

"In one of the centuries, I wondered to find a remedy to the curse. I wandered to and fro on the surface of the earth for so long, visiting places of different traditions and cultures but to no avail. I remember a day, after my last stop I had decided to give up on the search because I had gone the whole lengths and breadths of the earth and found nothing, I met a very geriatric man. He wore a blue-black cloak and had a stuff in his hand, he looked very rare and he offered me a chance to end the curse once and for all. From the look of things, I thought he could help me, so I agreed to his pact.

He did not tell me much about himself, but something convinced me that he was eligible to help me lift the curse from Gray's head.

He took me to an unknown place, which he called The Gate, but there was no door or gate only bare land in a deep valley. There, he explained to me what the entire thing was going to be about. I heard sincerity in his voice as he spoke to me and I was willing to do my part since it was going to mutually bring satisfaction.

He said he was killed by an evil force and the powers of above had given him the legal right to avenge his death and to root out the source. He explained that he was a father of many daughters, and for centuries he and his daughters have pursued their culprit but to no avail. And that since we had one thing in common; to vanquish evil from our lives and from that of our young ones, we could work hand in hand to accomplish this desire.

So I asked him what exactly he was going to do and my part to play in it.

He simply gave me a biscuit.

This was shaped like a human and he told me to eat it. I sensed no evil in his heart and around him so I partook of it, but he edged me to finish it up and so I did. It tasted sweet in my mouth but bitter in my belly.

He said it was going to strengthen the seed I carried and grant all the powers he needed to bring down the source is evil. Once evil has fallen both you and I will be appeased.

So I went on my way and never again did I see him, I asked his name and he told me the first man to die. I didn't understand, and till now I've still not crossed paths with him.

Seven times Gray had died when he got to fifteen years, but after encountering that man, when the time came again to give birth, I gave birth to twins...

This time not only Gray came but his brother Graye."