Unraveling Threads

A cold chill crept up Mike's leg, waking him. After his meeting with Mrs. Claus last night, it had taken him a long time to fall asleep. His mind had been preoccupied with the Krampus problem, which meant hours spent brainstorming ideas. There was a lot riding on whatever happened next, but he and the others had desperately needed a proper rest.

When he tried to pull his foot back under the blanket, he realized that the comforter wasn't long enough. Lifting his head to see what had happened, he almost laughed. When he had gone to bed, it had just been him and Tink. Now, though, Kisa and Yuki were also under the covers as well. The limited space under the blanket had been monopolized by Yuki, who had pulled the covers up over her head.

He sat up and yawned. They were all in Santa's bed, which Mrs. Claus had let them use on the condition that they didn't have sex in it. Though his sleep had been restful, there certainly hadn't been enough of it.

"Good morning." The voice made him jump, and he looked over to see Holly sitting in a nearby chair. The elf's feet didn't reach the ground, and she kicked her legs back and forth while nursing a mug of cocoa. "Sleep well?"

"I guess." He looked at the others, who were still slumbering soundly. He heard the occasional snort from Tink, who was sleeping off all the alcohol and sugar from the day before. "What are you doing here?"

"Elves don't sleep much," she told him. "Mrs. Claus wanted me to keep an eye on you."

"Why?"

"Make sure nothing happened to you. I don't think Christmas Past is coming back, but there's still one spirit unaccounted for."

"Ugh, right." Mike rubbed his face, remembering what Mrs. Claus had told him. The Christmas spirits were just another part of Santa, temporal beings that didn't obey the rules of time or space. He wasn't certain if Christmas Future was still lost in the ducts or had simply wandered off, but could stand to be more cautious about a possible encounter.

He doubted he could influence the final specter as he had Christmas Present.

Being careful not to wake anyone, it took him a moment to slide free from the bed. He had to pull himself out of the top of the blankets, then move between the women until he was at the foot of the bed. Yawning, he went to pick up his pants and realized that he was naked in front of Holly. Mrs. Claus hadn't provided him with any sort of underwear, so he had been sleeping naked.

"Oh, wow, I'm sorry." He went to cover himself up, but saw that the elf wasn't offended. In fact, her cheeks had turned bright red, her intense gaze on his body. She stared at his cock, her lips parted slightly as she breathed through her mouth.

"Don't worry about it," she responded, lifting her eyes to meet his. "I don't mind."

He almost asked her to turn around or something, but remembered that time she had watched him plow Kisa on top of the jukebox. If she wanted to look at him, he wasn't going to stop her.

"So what's the plan today?" he asked, pulling on his clothes.

"Breakfast, first." Holly looked up at the window. "There's a terrible storm outside right now. We don't know if the Krampus is still lurking about."

"Right." Mrs. Claus had explained that the Krampus was afraid to face her directly over the fear of reverting to Santa. The process by which he transformed wasn't understood, but Mrs. Claus' relationship with her husband was so well defined that it would make perfect sense that she would be the one to pull him out of it.

That hadn't stopped the demon from banging on the front door for several hours. What the Krampus himself didn't know was that Mrs. Claus was afraid to face him because of his influence on the elves and reindeer. If they could be so easily corrupted, why not her? For now, the two were at a stalemate, and that gave him time to figure out a plan.