Hearth and Home

Author's note: Just a reminder that this is the last chapter of Home for Horny Monsters that will be posted to Wattpad. Check my profile for more info.

Between Santa, Cerberus, and Freyja, there was little left of the North Pole village. Perhaps half of it had been burned to the ground by hellfire, and Santa had been a one-man wrecking crew, punching his way to victory. When Mike had finally emerged from Santa's home, it was to see a land that would need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Mike and the others took up residence in Santa's home for a few days while the newly awakened elves eagerly started repairs. The Workshop was the first structure to be reinforced, as it was still in good condition. The air inside smelled of fresh cut wood and lacquer, along with cinnamon and nutmeg. The magical fireplace had been lit anew, and elves were constantly darting through it to gather lumber and supplies from all around the world.

Mrs. Claus reappeared shortly after Holly had taken ownership of the North Pole, though she now wore regular clothing. Holly had informed him that the wife of Claus would only wear lingerie when she felt like it from now on. Mike suspected that the older woman was still as amorous as ever, because Santa kept going missing every couple of hours.

While Christmas Present and Santa searched the North Pole for any missing elves, Holly and Mrs. Claus took charge to make sure that repairs were being done correctly. The map of the North Pole had survived the Krampus' spoogefest inside of its special case, and was being used as a guide. As far as Mike could tell, Holly was already planning some changes to the layout of the village, but whenever he'd ask about it, she'd just blush.

Holly was far less shy in the bedroom, though. He was pretty much keeping track of the days by how often she would ambush him. The two of them had snuck off on more than a few occasions, and it wasn't uncommon for Holly to go out of her way to bring along Tink. However, they had their own room now, and didn't need to worry about getting spunk in Santa's tree.

Currently, Mike was sitting at a table just outside of the Hot Cocoa lounge, watching the elves create an assembly line to transport the time-locked children home through the fireplace. A special team of elves was responsible for each child, a task which took at least a couple minutes per kid. Based on his own rough estimates, Mike figured that the process would take a few days to get everyone home safe.

With a list of names in her hand, Mrs. Claus stood by the fireplace, checking off the children as they went through.

"This is quite the affair, Mike Radley." Death sat across from him, eagerly munching on a cookie.

"Aren't you tired of those?" Mike asked.

"Yes. Yes I am." Death crunched his teeth down on another cookie. "And yet, I shall continue to eat them."

"But why?"

Death shrugged. "Habit, I suppose."

Mike pulled the plate of cookies away from Death. "I'm cutting you off."

"I suppose it's for the best." Death sighed. "Perhaps I am eating them because I am nervous about my trip."

Once the children were returned, Santa planned to go around the world and undo everything the Krampus had done and finish his deliveries. Much to Death's delight, Santa had invited the Reaper along to help him.

"You have nothing to be nervous about. You did such a great job on your own, I bet you could give the big guy a few tips."

Death snorted. "I am inevitable, Mike Radley, not gullible."

"Perhaps, but you're a good friend."

"Indeed I am." Death's eyes blazed with blue light. "And I shall miss you. For it will be but a day for you, but months for me."