Chapter 15

As they exited the hospital Adam turned to Antonio and Jay, "so is the piece of shit still in the cage?" He desperately wanted to get his hands on the guy, he just needed a few minutes.
Antonio and Jay exchanged a quick glance before either one would respond, knowing Adam wouldn't like what they had to say. "Voight sent to him to Cook County already, but rest assured Voight handled him" Jay told him bracing for Adam's reaction.
"What the hell, why did he transfer him so quick?"
"Ruzek, you really think Voight and O would let you anywhere near the guy" Jay asked him.
Adam kicked at the ground his frustration showing " I guess not, but I really needed to let the son of a bitch know how I felt"
"I'm pretty sure he knows, man, O and Voight filled him in, he got the message." Dawson said.
"How's Kim doing?" Jay asked.
"She's better, but she's having nightmares and she won't talk to me" Adam replied feeling frustrated at Kim's unwillingness to talk to him. "I feel like she is holding back, and to be honest I'm afraid of what he may have done to her"
"Give her some time, she'll talk when she's ready, she loves you she just needs some time."Antonio told him knowing Kim would open up when she's ready, he'd been on the job long enough to realize that.
"So , Kim, how are you really doing, and I don't mean your physical injuries?" Erin asked breaking the silence "talk to me girl, let me help you"
Kim fiddled with a thread on the blanket her eyes focused on the tiny thread, taking a deep breath before she spoke. "Erin, I was really scared, I thought for sure he was going to rape me and then kill me" she choked out before sobbing.
Erin wrapped her friend in a hug, her heart hurting for Kim, knowing all too well what that pain was like. Erin wouldn't wish it on her worst enemy, knowing what it was like to feel powerless.
"Have you told Adam any of this?" Why she was asking she wasn't sure, knowing Kim hadn't said anything to Adam.
"No, I can't Erin, I can't lose him." Kim said fearfully, thinking Adam would think she was now damaged goods.
"Adam isn't going anywhere, that much is obvious, he's head over heels in love with you, it's pretty obnoxious to be honest" she joked trying to lighten the mood "he lights up at the mere mention of your name" that brought a smile to Kim's face.
"Thank you for finding me, Erin, I don't know how to repay you" Kim said wiping the tears from her eyes.
"Nonsense, girl, you don't owe me anything."
Erin's phone rang, she excused herself to answer it, after hanging up she turned to Kim, "I have to take care of something, will you be ok?"
"Of course, the doctor should be around soon anyway, go I will be fine, I probably will end up sleeping anyway" Kim told her.
"Ok, take care, I will see you soon" Erin said as she left the room closing the door behind her.