Chapter 49

SIX MONTHS LATER

"Hey, look who finally decided to show up" Jay shouted when Adam finally walked in the bar, it had become some what of a tradition for the guys from intelligence getting together at Molly's at least once a month, it had started when Adam wanted to take them all out for beer for bringing Adam James home safely.

"Shut it Halstead, I got here as quick as I could but had to take care of somethings" he explained, Kim's parents had gone out of town and he and Kim had taken advantage of them being gone, he learned sex was awkward when you lived with your wife's parents. "You try living with your in-laws for six months, and tell me how you like it"

"Uh, no thanks, that would mean living with that guy" Jay pointing at Voight who just stared at him "not that you aren't a great guy, boss it's just" he stammered, wishing he never opened his mouth.

"Halstead, I get it, just stop talking" Hank told him, he had finally come to terms with Jay and Erin dating, it took him a while but he knew they were good for each other. He wasn't Erin's father but he was the closest thing she had to one.

"No luck on finding a place yet?" Alvin asked as their drinks arrived.

"We actually just made an offer, on a three bedroom just a few blocks from Kim's parents, hopefully we hear something soon" he said as he finished his beer " don't get me wrong Kim's parents are great, but it's time. Adam is all over the place, and well let's just say other things are not getting done enough"

Laughter filled the table, "I'm glad you guys are enjoying my drought, though we did have some fun earlier" he joked, knowing Kim would kill him if she he knew he was sharing the details of their sex life or lack thereof.

Kim was surprised when she heard the doorbell, Adam toddling off to see who it was, he loved when someone rang it.

"Adam, wait for mommy" she said.

"Erin, hey how are you, come on in"

"I'm sorry to drop in but I figured since it was guys night, you wouldn't mind some company" she said her arms reaching for Adam "you better come give me kisses, little man"

"Kim, he's getting so big, he is Adam's mini-me, isn't he?" The resemblance to his father striking.

"Yes, he's just like his daddy, always in motion and his mouth always running!" Kim joked, he didn't have many words that could be understood but he was always talking.

"How are you and Jay doing" she asked as she handed Erin a bottle of water.

"Good, really good" she said smiling "Hank is finally on board with our relationship, thank you for that by the way"

"What did I do?" Kim asked perplexed.

"Adam" Erin joked "well, since he gave you and Adam a pass, I think he realized he needed to get over me and Jay"

"Glad I could help, you and Jay are perfect together" Kim told her.

"House hunting, how is that going?"

"Good, we actually put an offer in on a house a few blocks from here" Kim started as Adam climbed in her lap, his head on her shoulder "I think someone's daddy is over living here"

"Is he complaining?" Erin questioned.

"No, of course not, it's just awkward, my parents right down the hall. They let little man do whatever he wants, it's just time" Kim explained she loved her parents but she was ready to have their own place. "I think this little guy is ready for bed"

"I will get going, this was nice we need to get together more often" Erin said as she made her way out the door.

"Baba, ball, dada,dada" came over the baby monitor, it woke Kim up glancing over at the clock realizing it was just after three in the morning, noticing Adam not in bed. "Lovely, Adam, just great"'she muttered as she went to retrieve the baby from his crib aggravated her husband wasn't home.

When she entered the room she noticed a figure sitting in the rocking chair, quickly she grabbed the hockey stick that Adam insisted be in the bedroom for once thankful for his hockey obsession. She slowly approached the person in the chair her grip on the stick tightening.

As she brought the stick above her head she heard it "darlin' it's me, please don't hit me" he said grabbing her wrists laughing, little Adam joining his father in hysterics not knowing why he was laughing but as usual following his father's lead.

"You asshole!" trying to slow her heart rate,"I'm glad you think it's funny, jerk" she said playfully slapping him. "What are you doing sitting in the dark?" She asked dropping the stick.

"Come sit with me" he said pulling her into his lap, "I got home a while but couldn't sleep so I watched you sleep for a little bit, and then I wanted to watch him" he told her "you both look so peaceful in your sleep, it's nice"

"It's the only time that one is still" Kim said pointing at Adam in his crib playing with a ball "he's up for good now, you know that right? She asked Adam.

"Yea, I know" he said as he kissed her neck "I'm not going in until later in the afternoon, doing some night surveillance, I will keep him" he explained "you go back to bed"

"Can't, I have to go in early, I'm leaving in about an hour for the gym, then the 21st" Kim said as she left his embrace, kissing The baby on her way to the door "drive daddy crazy today, do,it for mommy".

Adam James laughing "thanks a lot buddy, so much for daddy's man" Adam joked.