Chapter One - New Everything

This. Is. Horrible. Moving to a new place? A new town where you don't know shit but your mom and dad says it'll be good for a new start, oh boy I'm so excited! Yeah right. Leaving family behind? Leaving friends behind?- Well, barely any, actually no friends, I have none, and I'm sure I'll have none here either, right when I was gonna graduate in about a year too, I would've had an art degree or something, I'm gonna miss my teacher. Oh boy this is gonna be so great, spring break starting too soon, I'm so excited.
——————

The smell of strong coffee woke me up, I quickly opened my eyes, "Y/N!", I heard mom call. I rubbed my eyes and sat up and sighed. I got up and walked out of my room, "Y/N, get ready for school and then you can eat" mom said while looking at the food she was still making, I rolled my eyes and walked back to my room and got dressed.

I later came out and sat at the table where mom had placed my food, "Y/N I'm going out for a job interview, you can take your bike to school, you remember the way right?" Mom asked while opening the door, I turned and looked at her "Yeah. I remember." I said while turning back to my plate of pancakes and bacon, I heard her walk out and lock the door. I sighed and finished my food, grabbed my bag and my copy of the house keys and walked out the house. I walked to the garage and took my bike out and then I was off to school.

I rode up and looked at all the kids nervously, 'highschool is ass' I thought to myself. I walked up to a bike rack and locked my bike up there and then stood and looked at the school and all the kids walking around. I sighed and walked up the steps into the building and took out my schedule, "207, 207" I repeated to myself under my breath, it was the classroom I was supposed to be in, English.

I finally got to the class, I walked in and some kids were barely walking in too, some sitting on their desks and talking to friends and some sitting there reading a book, I walked to the very back and sat down in the corner back and sighed.

————————
Finally, lunch. I forgot how much of a nightmare this was, I have no friends to sit with like always, I stood in front of all the tables looking at each one to see where I could sit. A table with the basketball team, a table with the party kids, a table with the science kids, a table with the band kids, a table with the chess club kids and a table with.. with a bunch of metal heads wearing the same club t-shirt?.. I shrugged and sat at the table next to that table.

I sighed and looked down at my food and started picking at it, 'this lunch is absolute ass, why does school lunch suck so bad' I thought to myself, but then I felt somebody tap my shoulder from behind, I sat up straight and turned around and met my eyes with a tall lanky kid and a short kid with a hat that said "Thinking Cap", they were both wearing those club shirts. "Excuse me, uh, we were wondering if you'd like to fill in a spot in our club, our friend isn't able to come" said the tall and lanky one, "Club? What club" I asked while raising my eyebrow, "Basically it's a D&D club, it's a game." Said the one with the hat, "Oh, um— I don't know how to play that game" I said awkwardly, "Oh, sorry to bother you" said the tall one, they started to walk away and I quickly called back for them, I am not missing a chance to make friends. "Wait!—" I yelled out, they turned around and looked at me, "What's yalls names?" I asked, they both turned and looked at each other and then back at me, "My name is Mike and that's Dustin" Mike said while pointing at Dustin. "Oh, ok— well— I'm new here and I kinda want friends, I mean I just moved here and I was wondering if I could sit with y'all." I said nervously, Mike and Dustin looked at each other and then back at me "I'm sure Eddie won't mind" Dustin said, "Yeah but she isn't in the club" Mike replied, "So?—" Dustin looked at me, "Yeah you can sit with us, come on" he said while motioning for me to follow them, I got up and grabbed my tray and followed them to their table, Mike and Dustin sat down and I sat Next to Dustin on his right side. I looked at all the kids sitting there awkwardly as they all stared at me.