Chapter 2

Minji had been living as Jiu for about two days when she finally met her father, Duke Winston. She expected the man to be cold, just like what she heard from the servants, but when only the two of them were left in Jiu's room, he turned out to be really... sweet? Minji was scared of the rumored cold Duke, but even more so now that she realized how much he dotes on her daughter, Jiu, and Minji is not Jiu. If he were ever to find out, she might lose her life for real now. Fortunately, the medical system wasn't advanced enough that she was diagnosed with amnesia. Perhaps the doctor was aware but needed a reason for Jiu's condition.

"I was thinking..." the Duke started, "Would you be interested in learning back all the things you've learned before?"

Minji was silent for a few seconds but knew it would be best if she agreed. So she did. The Winston family had been keeping Jiu's condition from the public, but she could only lock herself in the house for so long before guests that came for business figured out the situation. She could see where the Duke was coming from. What she didn't expect, though, were the words that came out of the Duke's mouth after.

"Your engagement with the Crown Prince will happen in less than a year. If words were to go out about your condition, it would not only tarnish our family's name but also the royal family,"

Engagement with WHO now? The Crown Prince? If Jiu and the Crown Prince had something going on, chances are, he would know that Minji is not his Jiu and-

"I know that you do not love him," the Duke placed his hand on Minji's head and pat it, "But we should still give our best since the King favors you."

Oh.

The Duke didn't stay long, and he left after explaining the classes Minji needed to take.

***

It was surreal. Just about a week ago, she worked part-time at a convenience store, took university classes, and hung out with her friends. She spent almost eight nights in this world, but no glimpses of her previous life were given to her anymore.

She felt lonely. She misses Bora and her chaotic nature. But, compared to her everyday life, her current one is boring. Too quiet and too calm, aside from the fact that someone wanted to take her life. 

Out of all the things Minji had learned, etiquette was the hardest. But, surprisingly, dancing classes were easy, and the teacher seemed proud of how well Minji was doing. It wasn't hard to tell when she was constantly showered with praises every time, but it's a different story with Lady Anne, the one teaching her about etiquettes. She might've not shown it, but Minji could tell she was stressed out by how she gulped.

"Eyes off me and focus on how you're eating, Lady Jiu,"

Minji didn't like that she couldn't enjoy the food, so she cursed the etiquette in her mind.

***

"I'm expecting good news now that you're back here, Dami," A slap went across Dami's face. "But I heard that the lady is alive and well. Care to explain yourself?"

"I did kill her, but somehow the poison didn't work-"

"Then make it work!" Dami almost flinched at the yelling, "Not only you failed, but you came back crawling here with no shame! What if the Duke sent someone?! You led them straight to me! Are you trying to get me killed too?!!"

"I'm sorry."

"That won't be enough. You just wasted my time," a sigh of frustration was heard, "But I'll give you a chance since you need it so much."

"You only come back when the Crown Prince is dead this time."

***

There was something on Minji's mind lately.