10 | 035 & 049-J | My Best Friend...

Full title: My Best Friend, the Man with the Mask

Hah, you thought this will be wholesome because 049 is dating Dýo?

//manipulation

This oneshot takes place before the events of Chapter 6, so SCP-049-J is referred to by SA-9940. This also takes place after 035 met 049, but he still doesn't know that 049 has a younger half-brother.

÷÷÷÷÷

I ducked under a table, hands over my ears. Why are they playing such loud noises? It's so scary. I jumped when I heard a lady scream, and something hitting a wall.

I covered my mouth when I let out a whimper. I don't want people to hear me! What if a bad guy comes after me? Or one of the dogs? It nearly ate me alive!

As soon as I thought about that, I could not stop myself from crying. I shoved my head into my knees. I can't be heard. I can't be heard. People will hurt me if they hear me. This place isn't safe. Where's Haselhurst? Where's Dr. Bakes? I squeezed the beak of my mask.

Where is everyone?

I head footsteps. There's someone coming. Is there someone nearby? Dr. Bakes? I looked up, only to see the orange pants of one of the bad people. Dr. Bakes told me that the bad people can't hurt me when he's around, but he's not with them right now! Somehow, I cried louder, and I scratched at my face to try to stop. Fellow, what are you doing?! They'll hear you, then hurt you! Stop crying so loudly!

"Hey, kid, are you alright?"

I shoot up, hitting my head on the table. They found me! Too panicked to even notice the ache of the top of my head, I immediately backed away. They're a bad person! They're going to hit me!

I started breathing heavily as two arms wrapped themselves around me.

So I screamed.

This person did not even flinch as I yelled, so I started swinging my arms and legs around wildly. Get away from them! Run or die!

"Kid, stop struggling, dear. I'm here to help!"

Don't trust them! They're here to help you.

...what? For whatever reason, I felt relieved at that thought.

Wait, Fellow, don't be stupid! This person is a stranger!

But then again, they're so nice...

I stopped moving, breathing heavily as I cautiously watched this friend. They're a man, I think, with a beautiful white mask covering their face. Maybe he's like me! We both wear masks!

"Hmm... finally, you've calmed down. I'm not here to harm you, I'm here to protect you.."

Somehow, with that sentence, I felt much safer, being with him. Much safer than I felt with other people around here.

...why am I already trusting him so much? It's a bit concerning, but somehow, seeing his mask... it was comforting.

I don't even know what comforting means.

"What's yor name?"

That question caught my off guard, as I looked up at him. "I'm called SCP-035."

035, 035... maybe he wants my number? It's 9940, right? SA-... SAC... SPA... SAP... ah, yes!