A Challenge Placed

I just realized I had typed Nox instead of Nyx that whole last chapter, so uh my bad, anyways onto the chapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"" speaking

'' thoughts

*(Y/N)'s pov*

Turning my head to my goddess after she removed herself from my shoulder, I offer her my hand, bowing, "May I have this dance my Lady" I could hear lady Nyx giggle to herself, and place her hand on mine. As I stood up straight again she smiled at me.

Nyx: "Of course my dear, (Y/N)"

Taking the first step I began leading us around the room elegantly, I could feel eyes on us, but we were turning too frequently for me to pick up all of them, but I know I saw lady Freya, lady Hestia, and lord Hermes, it makes sense for them to be watching us, Hestia just dealt with Apollo not long ago, Freya is probably plotting something, and Hermes is an observer, it is just in his personality to watch and observe everyone around him, probably trying to scheme but if what Lady Nyx told me is true, it won't go according to plan.

"My Lady-"

Nyx: "I know (Y/N), but just ignore them for now, I want you to gauge Bell Cranel's skill like planned, I am curious if the Little Rookie, can hold a flame to my Undertaker."

I nod my head, and let go as does my Lady Nyx, separating mid dance, putting me so I'm facing Lady Hestia, and Bell Cranel, who happens to be my target, while my Lady went to mingle with some old friends of hers. Walking forward the room was once again mostly silent, as they watched where Lady Nyx and I where going, my destination seemed to grab their attention more though

As I got to the duo I bowed to the goddess Hestia, and offered my hand to Bell, I spoke once Bell accepted my handshake, Hestia was watching me carefully, she was ready to pull Bell out of my arms' reach on a moments notice "Goddess Hestia, Bell Cranel, it is a pleasure to finally meet you, I'm (Y/N) (L/N), my Lady Nyx and I made our way here after hearing about your War Game with the Apollo Familia"

Watching the surprise and slight embarrassment creep onto the Little Rookie's face was amusing, he stumbled over his words a lot, which was more annoying than funny but it still had some humor "O-oh you s-s-aw that?"

"Indee-"

Hestia: "Of course he did, and who wouldn't want to meet you after seeing such an amazing performance!"

Hestia brought her hand across her chest, laughing to herself, my face was as you can expect blank, I could hear footsteps but I knew whose they were, call it a servants intuition, "And may I humbly introduce," I stepped to the side, and bowed, extending my arm out gesturing to who was behind me "my Lady Nyx"

 Nyx: "Thank you dear, it is nice to see you Hestia"

Hestia: "I wish I could say the same about you, Nyx"

Nyx: "Oh come now Hestia, we have no reason not to get along"

Hestia: "Nyx, I doubt you don't want something or you wouldn't have shown up out of the blue"

I heard another set of footsteps and turned my head to see a woman with short red hair and a black and red eye covering, I could sense her divinity but I didn't know her.

????: "Hestia you don't have much room to talk about only showing up because you want something, I still don't have the full payment on Bell's knife"