Challenge Day

"speech"

'thoughts'

view the arena, have a talk with Nyx, talk to bell, fight, talk with bell, speak to Nyx, Nyx has a moment alone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*(Y/N)'s pov*

I stood in the announcer box looking into the arena, staring at the ground I would soon be fighting on, "My lady, blood will soil this ground"

Nyx: "I know Dear, both of you will shed blood, but you shall come out victorious."

I looked to Lady Nyx and smiled, bowing my head, she believed in me so I will give this fight my all, I hate disappointing my Lady so she will be given a show, the thought caused my smile to shift, the shadows stretching, reaching out as if to swallow the light around us.

"Thank you for your confidence my Lady"

Nyx: "Show the world why you are to be feared my Dear, now go our opposition should be hear soon"

Nodding my head again I turned and walked off, taking the long way around the massive arena to meet the Hestia Familia at the entrance they would likely enter from.

While walking I reviewed every tool that Bell is known to have at his disposal, I want this to be a challenge but I refuse to lose with my Lady watching. Bell's fire bolt could be a problem but Lady Nyx's Familia blessing should help with it.

"I'm coming for you Bell"

*Smol timeskip*

Bell's pov*

Lady Hestia, and our friends were walking with me to the entrance of the arena, we were trying to beat the crowd and prepare. Welf and Lili had done as much digging as they could to uncover some tricks (Y/N) might have up his sleeve, since they came out rumors have been flying.

Welf: "Ok like I was saying his armor and weapons are high quality, according to Hephaestus her captain was the one that crafted them, and as far as I know they have no enchantments but I couldn't get that confirmed everyone refused to say anything other than who had crafted them."

Lili: "His skills in combat have also been leaked. Bell you need to be careful, he supposedly is crazy fast, and his strength and agility only make him more deadly."

I couldn't help but have a determined look hearing this, "Guys I will be fine, thank you for the help" Hestia cleared her throat getting our attention

Hestia: "Bell I want you to be on your toes, and try your hardest, but please prioritize your safety, unlike the fight with Apollo, nothing is at stake for us."

I nodded my head sharply, hearing the sound of rushing foot steps, and heavy breathing I turned my head to the sound and saw Mikoto running up to us. She stopped right next to us, smacking her hands on her knees, panting hard.

Mikoto: "I h-have some n-news"

Lili: "Well what is it?"

Taking a deep breath to gather herself, Mikoto looks at me with a serious expression, "Bell you have to be careful with (Y/N), from the little I could gather Nyx has gifted him with many spells and skills no one has seen before!"

Hestia: "Nyx is the goddess of darkness, so I would expect the shadows to be in his favor, but it is a sunny day and the arena is wide enough you shouldn't have to worry about it"

I nodded again and smiled, "Thank you, all of you for your help and encouraging words" I turned and we all started towards the entrance again, trying our best to ignore the conversations coming from the other Familias and citizens that are waiting to be let in.

As we neared the entrance (Y/N) rounded the corner facing us, the smirked on his face told you exactly how he felt right now. He was excited, and he was determined, "Ah Lady Hestia, Bell, I'm so glad you and your Familia could make it" He bowed his head and gestured us to all follow him inside.

"Lady Hestia, my Lady Nyx is awaiting your arrival in the announcer box, as for your Familia, if you will follow me, I will take you to where you can get ready for the Duel" Hestia nodded and headed off not wanting to keep Lady Nyx waiting, but first she hugged me, and asked me to be safe again.

(Y/N) pov*

"I am pleased you agreed to this Bell" I could feel him tense under my words but I wasn't going to look back to acknowledge it, I just kept my eyes forward leading him and Hestia's other Familia members to where he could prepare.

Bell: "I would do anything to help my Goddess, and friends"

I loved the determination in his voice, it meant he was going to take this seriously, but would he treat this as life or death? "I'm looking forward to this Little Rookie."

His allies were off put by my words and presence that much was clear even to the most oblivious of people. They didn't trust me and I mean why should they, I am their friend's opponent, and I have heard the rumors running around town about me, but rumors are only so useful, and only ever partially true.

I stopped in front of a large room with many racks and stands for equipment, "This is where I must depart, I'll see you in the arena Bell Cranel," Bell nodded his head, returning my smile with one of his own.

Bell: "See you there (Y/N)"

Nyx pov*

I smiled hearing heels clacking and come to a stop just inside the announcers stand, "Thank you for coming Hestia."

Hestia: "Why wouldn't I?"

Turning to face her I smirked and put my hands up, "You are known for your childish behavior dear."

Hestia turned red and I could see the vein on her head pop, she looked ready to explode and die from embarrassment all at once.

Hestia: "I am not!"

I put my hand over my mouth and snickered to myself.

Hestia: "I'M NOT!!!"

"Whatever you say darling"

Her face calmed down almost instantly and she adopted a serious expression, "Why did you challenge Bell and me, Nyx?"

"Like I said at the party, (Y/N) simply wants a challenge"

Hestia: "Then why not challenge Loki? As much as I hate to admit it, challenging Ais and winning would grant him more fame, she would also probably give (Y/N) a bigger challenge."

I turned and leaned over the railing, resting my head on my hand, "Not to him, he doesn't care for the fame in it, he only wants the fight, and in his eyes Bell is a greater challenge."

I could hear Hestia sigh as she took a place next to me, mimicking my pose, "But why Bell?"

"I do not know Hestia, I trust his judgement, and he decided of the two, Bell was the better fight, he wanted to go after  Freya's captain, Ottar, but I wouldn't allow him to fight King"

The aura given off by my friend at the mention of Freya and her captain, was a worried one, she doesn't trust Freya, and who could blame her.

We sat in silence for what was probably half an hour, watching the stadium fill with the other familias, and citizens.

"It is time."

Hestia: "I know"

"Good luck," she said nothing back, instead humming in agreement.