The Days before

"speech"

'thoughts'

*(Y/N)'s pov*

Lady Nyx suggested I spend the days before the duel honing my edge, so my Lady and I, we danced, my skills in fighting were nothing to ignore, but my true shining moment came from my flexibility, my finesse, my agility. I was agile, very, very agile. Lady Nyx liked to compare my speed and reflexives to a lighting bolt, or an arrow, so she loved to dance. She said it told her how my agility was doing, if I ever hesitated or missed a step she knew it had dropped slightly, so we would begin training to correct it and increase my other stats as well. This often entailed dodging strikes from her with a large weight on me, or very restricting armor. She knew how I felt about her, and what my goal was, she used this knowledge and my skill Liaris Freese to push my stats past what most people could ever dream of getting, only two of my stats still set under S quality, and she wanted to push them into S, but she knew for this fight, I wouldn't need much more than my Agility. Bell was good, there is no doubt there, but I would Harvest him the same as I would any monster to make Lady Nyx happy.

'We will dance soon too Bell' Nyx tilted her head to the side, giving me a close eyed smile, her smile always brought a blush to my face, she was just too beautiful for it to not. I smiled back, and our long dance continued.

*Bell's pov*

Goddess Hestia was so worried about me, she knew (Y/N) was strong, and she said she couldn't shake this thought that Lady Nyx was up to something, and to be honest I felt the same, but I wouldn't let that stop me from giving this fight my all.

'I have to win, I have to do this for goddess Hestia and the others'

I was at the Loki familia base asking Ais if she could train me for a few days which she happily agreed to, and this began a long 3 days of trying my best against Ais, only to be smacked into a wall, smacked over the head, or kicked on the gut.

*Timeskip (ah my friend)*

My ribs felt bruised, my arms and legs were sore, but I didn't stop for three days, Ais Wallenstein trained me, again, my body hurt, but I felt better for it. Ais and I shared a strange feeling, like we were being watched,  but neither of us could spot anyone. Ais would look at a crow that made it's nest in a tree near the wall, but she said she didn't think it was what was watching us.

"Ms. Ais, I would like to thank you again for training me, I know if I win it will be because you helped me"

Ais: "It was only 3 days"

"Still, you have been a great help, and I could never repay you for everything you have done for me!"

Looking at the sun beginning to come up, I turned my head quickly to Ais "I'm sorry but I need to hurry to my Familia, thank you again Ms. Ais" I took off running as I finished my sentence.

I ran through the streets to the new Hestia Familia house, trying not to run into people as I ran, I could hear people talking about how excited they were for the duel, everyone seemed to be betting on me, but I could hear a few people saying they thought (Y/N) would come out on top. I couldn't help but smile at the opportunity to test myself and make a new friend. The look in (Y/N)'s eyes when he walked away from us at the gathering told me how excited he was for this, and I could tell we were already friends in his eyes.

Lost in my thoughts and running through the street, I bumped into someone knocking us over, rubbing my head, I looked at who I fell on, "Oh my, I'm so sorry Ms. Ryuu, Ms. Syr, I'm so so sorry" I bowed desperately apologizing

Syr: "It is ok bell, I'm sure you have a lot on your mind right now, with the duel and all"

I lifted my head, Syr was smiling at me and Ryuu looked uncaring.

Ryuu: "Mr. Cranel shouldn't you be getting to your familia, you should be getting ready for the duel"

I jumped up quickly, while they stood dusting themselves off, "Of course, see you later Ms. Ryuu, Ms. Syr, and I'm sorry again!" I took off running, but I could hear Syr behind me.

Syr: "Be careful Bell, and good luck, everyone at Mama Mia's is rooting for you!"

I smiled and ran faster, excited to get home and see everyone before the big match!

*Ryuu's pov*

Turning my head toward Syr as Mr. Cranel ran off "Syr, most of us think (Y/N) will win."

Syr: "I know, but I don't want him to think, we don't believe in him"

"We do believe in him but once they came out of hiding, word of who (Y/N) was traveled fast, and it is hard to imagine he will lose."

Syr sighed and looked down, a small sad smile formed on her face, "I know, knowing who he is, anyone with a brain thinks he will win, but I still want to believe Bell will win like he always does."

We turned and started back to Mama Mia's with the groceries, 'Good luck Bell, you are going to need it against that monster.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a shorter chapter than the others and I hope that is fine with everyone, my eyes just hurt and if I stopped writing i knew I wouldn't finish the chapter for a while, so I got something out, I will likely be updating it later though.