The Duel

Y/N's pov*

The crowds were so loud, I don't like the noise but I could not blame them for their excitement, the little rookie who gave them such a big show in the fight with the Apollo familia is now back in the ring against an opponent they know nothing about, of course some people went to the guild to try to find anything they could out, but the guild is not allowed to disclose that information per my Lady's request.

Firmly gripping the handle of my sword I slid it into the sheath on my hip, taking a deep breath.

"Bell I will not lose"

Nyx's pov*

"The crowd is very excited Darling"

Hestia: "Wel-"

???: "Of course they are Nyx"

I turned my head slightly smiling softly at the sight of Freya, "Ah Freya we weren't expecting you to join us."

Freya: "I don't think I could let myself miss this."

 "I believe my dear Y/N will come for your King next."

Freya: "Ottar will accept it, he will do it to please me I'm certain."

Hestia: "I feel like you are counting out my Bell too soon!!!"

"We know the outcome of this Hestia Darling, my Undertaker will deliver your Little Rookie to the darkness."

Saying this I turned to look Hestia in the eyes, a plain unwavering, and certain expression plastered on my face. Freya and Hestia looked unsettled by the comment and look on my face. They can't blame me though, they are confident in their children, and I am too, all for good reason.

"It is time for the game to begin."

GaneshaMem#1: "FIGHTERS TAKE YOUR PLACES ON THE FIELD!"

Y/N's pov*

The gate in front of me and on the opposite side lifted up, allowing Bell and I to come into view. He was sporting his white and red light gear. I'd call that a signature look by now. I had a cloak on over my gear. I kept the hood on my battle garb down, allowing my (h/c) hair to sway gently with a single light gust of wind that stopped when my foot met the edge of the shadow a cloud was casting with the mid day sun.

GaneshaMem#1: "FIGHTERS ARE YOU READY!?"

"Let's do this Bell," Bell and I nod at each other, then look to the member of the Ganesha familia and give a thumbs up. The crowd begins to roar even louder than it already was excited for the duel.

GaneshaMem#1: "FIGHTERS READY! LET THE FIGHT BEGIN!!!"

I lock eyes with Bell, and unsheathe my sword, dashing for Bell. He barely has time to draw his knife and block the strike, sparks fly from where our blades clashed.  He attempted to push me back, but I overpower him and break his guard.

Pulling my sword back I thrust it forward attempting to shatter his breast plate. Bell again brought up his knife parrying my thrust, readying his counter. I jumped back before he could finish drawing back.

Bell: "Huh?!?"

"That was a good attempt Bell, but I'm much faster than that!"

I dashed forward again, feigning a swipe at his leg. Releasing my sword mid swing to throw off his parry, I strike his forearm with a heavy punch forcing him to drop his knife. I followed up with a leg sweep, Bell was fortunate in jumping back in time to avoid being knocked down.

I smiled at Bell, "Thank you for this Bell, we've just begun and I'm already so close to bursting with joy!"

Finishing my thought I dash and appear in front of Bell in the blink of an eye, I could hear the crowd gasp in surprise, but I didn't care. I threw a heavy fast punch towards Bell's ribs, the intent being to fracture them, but he dropped his arms into a guard and jumped a little, I felt his arms crack but the force sent him backwards because of his jump, meaning the damage was minimal. I stood straight and narrowed my eyes, watching him skid back and climb to his feet, coughing while he did so.

"You still good to go Bell?"

He looked at me and nodded, smiling at me and wiping saliva from his chin, "Of course, I need to win this to help Goddess Hestia after all!"

"That's what I like to hear, but I will be claiming victory Bell," He ran to me this time, trying to get off the defensive. I blocked and countered his strikes, landing a few blows, but none did anything major since he was managing to push me back. Bell threw a sloppy punch and I grabbed it pushing him back, but he lifted his hand.

Bell: "FIREBOLT!"

My eyes widen and I jumped back, but the explosion of the spell hitting the ground under my feet launched me back a ways.  I landed on my side and rolled back a few feet, skidding to a halt on my feet. I focused in to see Bell taking a stance with his knife and a second knife, this one was a red color

"That was unexpected, I guess this means it is time to get serious huh?"

Bell's eyes widened in surprise then narrowed getting ready for whatever I might do. I reached behind me, into my cloak, pulling out my folded scythe.

(For the sake of storing it while traveling the blade will fold onto the shaft, and the shaft will fold in two)

There was a look of confusion on his face. Flicking my wrist the joints snapped together letting my signature weapon be revealed in all its glory. I ran my hands along the blade, and down the shaft of my scythe, taking my stance.

"Get ready Little Rookie, here I come!"

I dashed at Bell, appearing at his side in the blink of an eye, swiping at his shoulder, aiming to cleave off his arm. The crowd roared to life realizing that we were getting serious. He managed to duck under my swing and retaliate with an upward slash, I leaned back to dodge and twirled my scythe around pulling it upwards cutting his arm. I then reared my scythe back and slammed it into his chest to knock him back, twirling my scythe around and behind my back.

I shift my scythe to my side and crouch channeling my magic into the blade, coating it in a dark purple flame, "Come, champion of the savages. Manly warrior, strong hero, greedy and unjust hero. Show your worth if you desire the girdle of the empress. Satisfy my body, penetrate my body, kill my body and prove your worth. My starving blade is Hippolyta"

Finishing the chant, I swing my blade towards Bell, unleashing my Hell Kaios. I spelled flew towards Bell whose eyes widen as he braced himself. The attack washed over him and threw him. When he landed my purple flames danced on his armor, and ate away at the fabric of his clothes before dying out.

"Be careful Bell, those flames make your armor and weapons brittle."

Saying this I dashed to Bell, twirling my scythe around, bashing the arm he brought down to protect his side, with the blunt end. I saw him wince and i could hear bone breaking in his arm and a rib i caught crunch under the weight of my strike.

"*sigh* I'm sorry Bell, but I have to end this, we promised Lady Hestia this would be safe, but you now have a broken arm and rib."

Bell: "I can kee-"

Before he could finish I appeared by his side again, poised to strike with my scythe. I rolled it over and struck Bell in the head with it, knocking him unconscious.

"I had fun Bell, I think you'll go far."

The crowd which was silent roared to life once what just happened set in. I turned and walked off the field after retrieving my sword. I could hear Bell's friends run onto the field and take him away while the announcer declared a winner.

Nyx pov*

I stood waiting by the entrance, seeing Y/N walk up, I took his hands in mine and kissed his forehead, "You did well, but let us go home now Darling."

Y/N: "Thank you, and of course my Lady."