Chapter Seven

Harry sees Diagon Alley, Emma finds out some information, and Harry gets adopted magically. Emma's face in the gif says it all.

***

Fifteen minutes later saw Harry and Emma in a spare room in Newt and Queenie's house, Harry on the bed, under the covers with Emma tucking him in. Queenie had shown them their room and then walked out, letting Emma put Harry to bed. She told Emma to come back downstairs whenever she was ready.

She leaned down and kissed her son's head before smoothing his hair, and then she walked back downstairs to Newt and Queenie, the pair talking quietly by the fire, Newt with a piece of paper in his hands.

". . . can't, Newt," Queenie was quietly telling the magizoologist. "You know what he would say."

"But it's The', Queenie. I haven't seen him in almost eighty years! What's he going to do if we see him? Turn us in?"

Newt's voice was wavering, like he was trying not to cry, but Queenie remained firm. "I'm sorry Newt," She shook her head, running a hand through his hair. "It's much too dangerous."

Newt sighed, and nodded, conceding to the blonde, and Queenie kissed his head.

She caught Emma out of the corner of her eye, and shook her head, telling her not to worry about it, seeing the question on Emma's face. Emma nodded, walking into the room and placing her hand onto Newt's shoulder as she passed. He smiled at her in reply, then Queenie clapped her hands and began to speak. "I can take you to your apartment to get clothes and whatever else you need for tomorrow's meeting, Emma. We'd be gone 30 minutes at most - we'll have to walk because I've never been there, but I can Apparate - one of our magical forms of transportation - to the bakery." She paused, then looked at Emma sheepishly. "It is my understanding your apartment is only a few blocks from the bakery?"

Emma nodded in confirmation. "Yeah. We can do that as long as Harry is safe, and I know he is, then I'm alright with leaving him here with you, Newt," she said to the magizoologist. His smile widened like he had been given some sort of prize. He didn't know how right he was; Emma could count the people she trusted with Harry on one hand and have fingers left over. "So, the goblins . . . which, by the way, I am still having a hard time grasping that they run a bank . . . did they send a reply saying they could meet us tomorrow?"

Newt nodded in confirmation. "Yes, we have an appointment with them tomorrow afternoon at 2 o'clock, which is 9 am here and it's expected to take a few hours as no doubt Harry will have a lot of properties and titles and his family tree to go through," he explained.

Emma nodded, not thrown at all by the time frame, judging by the gravity on her face. "However long it takes will be worth it for him to officially become my son."

***

The next morning, at 7:30, Harry woke to his mother brushing her hand through his hair. He blearily rubbed at his eyes, leaning into his mother's touch. When his vision cleared, he saw her already dressed in jeans, a black t-shirt, and her red leather jacket. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she had brown heeled boots on.

Looking past her, he finally saw where they were. Currently, they were in a room with a queen-sized bed with white sheets and a light pink comforter with an off-white floral pattern all over it. He looked over to the other side of the room where he saw a redwood desk and matching chair. The blinds and the doors themselves were slightly open, letting the sunshine and a cool, refreshing breeze into the room. There was a closet next to the desk, and near that was an en-suite bathroom, of which the door was open and the light was on. The small boy figured it was on for him. Along one wall, floor-to-ceiling windows opened to a balcony that clearly wrapped around this floor of the house. From what he remembered from yesterday, the house had two stories and a ground floor. They had a big house for only two people.