Epilogue

Harry gets his Hogwarts letter!

***

Harry looked around him to see the familiar stone throne room with lit torches lined along the walls, the ceiling covered in glowing stars, and five empty thrones - one in jade and silver, one in bronze and blue, one in gold and black, one in pure gold, and one in red and gold with the people they matched standing in front of them; this was the throne room he's seen in his dreams since he was seven. As he looked around him, he could see the familiar children around him, who grew as he did . . . and this time, he could see more features of them, and of the people in front of them, beckoning towards their thrones.

Directly to his left stood a girl with curly, almost bushy brown hair clad in a gown of midnight blue, its golden accents giving her skin a glow that stirred a feeling in Harry he couldn't identify. The man in front of the golden throne, dressed in the same colors and wielding a staff topped with a glowing crystal, extended his hand towards her, a kind smile on his white-bearded face.

To his right stood a boy with impeccably-styled, platinum blond hair, his suit burgundy red. Just like the girl on his left, this boy stirred a feeling in Harry he still couldn't identify. The man in front of the red and gold throne stood beckoning to the boy, his chestnut curls untamable in comparison to the boy's styled hair, his robes crimson and his ruby-encrusted sword sheathed at his hip.

On the other side of the girl in blue stood a boy with dark blond locks cut short, his suit black as onyx. The woman in front of the gold and black throne gave him a welcoming smile, her hand outstretched for his. Blonde curls framed her face, and the sleeves of her yellow and black robes almost concealed the gold goblet in her other hand.

The final occupant in their line was a smaller girl with curly blonde tresses that stood on the other side of the boy in red. Her silver dress flowed ethereally around her; in Harry's opinion, it made her appear as if she belonged with the five standing in front of them. The woman in blue and bronze, a sapphire-studded diadem glittering in her black hair, was smiling proudly from where she stood in front of the blue and bronze throne, her hand reaching out for the girl.

With a start, Harry realized he had yet to see his own attire, and upon looking down, he wore a dark green suit that fit him just as well as the other boys' suits fit them. The man he always saw in his dreams - with long, black hair in curls, a trimmed beard, a cane of silver and jade with a serpent handle, an amber locket resting on his chest, and robes of emerald green - held out his hand to Harry, silver rings shining on his fingers. This was the man Harry recognized of all those who stood with him . . . he swore those were the same emerald eyes that he saw in the mirror.

All five children took a hesitant step forward, and Harry expected the dream to shatter around them. When nothing happened, he saw his own shock reflected in each face. The five in front of them smiled in encouragement, and the children continued to walk forward, taking the hands offered.

When the blonde girl's hand slipped into the black-haired woman's, the woman's pride was obvious. "Lady Ravenclaw," she declared with a curtsey, an honor her companions echoed. Harry found himself bowing as well, and he blinked in surprise. How had he known to do that?

As the girl was led to her blue and bronze throne, the man in red and gold spoke next, his voice clear, but gruff. "Lord Gryffindor," he kneeled, everyone mirroring his actions as the boy in burgundy was led to sit on his red and golden throne.

The man clad in silver and jade bowed to Harry as he spoke, his smooth voice deep, commanding, and charming. "Lord Slytherin." He was led to the silver and jade throne, and once he was sat, he turned to watch the other two next to him.