Chapter Nine

A few new, but familiar, faces discuss Emma and Harry, Emma gets some news, and Theseus works with idiots.

Enjoy!

***

After he entered the Manor, the door swung shut after him, his cloak sweeping against the stone of the floor as he strode to the Manor owner's study. The man had black shoulder length hair and dark brown, almost black eyes. He wore a black cloak with a midnight blue suit on with black dress shoes. After knocking on the door and hearing "enter," he walked in, nodding to the two men and the woman already inside as he sat down on the comfortable sofa near the fire, a table in front of them with a loveseat with two others on the other side of it. They had clearly been conversing before he entered.

The one closest to the man who just entered had sandy blonde hair, scars all over his face and visible skin, with bright amber eyes. His skin was pale, but not overly so, and he wore a white collared shirt under a brown sweater vest, with brown slacks and black dress shoes. The smile on his face was painted, like he was trying not to wince, and he moved like he was in pain. He nodded back to the man next to him.

The man sitting in front of them both had platinum blond shoulder length hair with bright silver eyes, his pale skin shining in the firelight. He was clad in black: a black suit with a black robe over the top and smart black shoes fit for nobility. His pointed face had a slight smile as he nodded to the man, his left hand over top of the woman's right, his wedding ring shining in the firelight.

The woman had pale skin, with pale but shining blue eyes, twinkling in mischief. Her blonde hair was pulled into a fishtail braid across her shoulder. She was in a regal purple dress that was floor length and was made of silk. The bust had small silver diamonds sewed into a floral pattern, cinching at the woman's slim waist. Her left hand was on the arm of the black loveseat, her diamond and gobli- made wedding ring shining contrasting against it.

"Severus," the blonde man greeted.

"Lupin, Lucius, Narcissa," Severus greeted back, nodding to them once more as he said their names.

"Oh please, Severus, I've told you I don't know how many times to call me Cissa," Narcissa tutted, shaking her head.

"Cissa, then," Severus conceded with a smile. "Hard to get rid of old habits."

Remus snorted, bringing his hand up to his mouth in an attempt to hide it. "Yes, like calling me Lupin when I've told you several times to call me Remus, it seems."

Severus smirked at the sandy-haired werewolf. "I could also call you Moony, if you'd prefer," he snarked, earning a glare in reply.

"Do that and the only thing you'll ever think of again is walking in on Lily and James snogging." Remus retorted, and Severus glowered at him.

Narcissa glared disapprovingly at them both. "Boys, enough," she warned them until the both of them cowered away from her stare.

Smirking at their obvious fear of his wife, Lucius cleared his throat, bringing the attention to him. "Severus, please tell us why you have summoned us tonight."

Severus sighed. "We all know of Dumbledore's interest in the Potter boy, yes?" At Lucius' nod, Remus' angry scowl and Narcissa's badly contained shudder, he continued with a scowl of his own. "He just let slip that almost three years ago, Harry Potter was blood adopted by Emma Swan. We all knew that he had been adopted in the Muggle way, but we had no idea that he had been adopted magically. According to Dumbeldore, Miss Swan, Harry's adopted mother, is a Muggleborn witch, and is the regent of all three of Harry's houses."