Take-off

Song: Overwhelmed - Royal and the serpent

" Sir I regret to inform you that the LOV has gotten away." A sidekick stuttered and tripped on his words. "About ten minutes later after we searched the premises the LOV was found but teleported out of the area and out of sight." He continued.

" So your telling me that there are no trackers here to "Track" them?" Keigo asked, his voice cold as ice.

" No sir it's just that they are untraceable. They teleported out of range." The sidekick said testily.

" Fine, just report back to your boss and get out my sight" He sighed.

" Um, are you alright?" I asked.

"NO THEY ESCAPED AGAIN!" He yelled turning to me.

"Hey calm down its not my fault." I snapped back at him.

His face was full of frustration when I look over at him again. Keigo looked like he was about to blow a fuse. His ears were a bright red with a scowl covering his face, And if that didn't convince you, every feather stood on edge. An idea popped into my head, a way to calm him down completely. Something my Mom snuck out with me and my little brother when we were younger after our so called father treated us like shit.

" Hey I have an idea. How about we go and see a movie together." I said smiling while grabbing his wrist to get his attention.

His eyes lingered there for a long time looking at my hand holding his wrist, as if savoring the touch and that would all he would be getting. He pulled away with a soft smile but in his eyes played emotions of longing and regret. He looked down and then back up at me masking the emotions before I could read any deeper.

" I can't with what just happened I'm going to be buried in piles of paperwork." He softly sighed, sounding tried and annoyed at the situation.

"When have you ever really done any paperwork?" I asked trying my best not to laugh.

He just there and stared me down for a good two minutes before saying something to me.

"Ya know, I hate it when your right but I'd rather stay at home and watch the movie. You can't take this into public now can you." Keigo joked motioning at himself.

"So Netflix and chill?" I said wiggling my eyebrows.

He laughed and held up a finger as a sidekick of his came up to him for a conversation and report about what they found. My phone buzzed in my pocket going off. In the span of fifteen minutes I had gotten 52 missed texted and 12 missed calls from Kanji and my little brother. I quickly dialed her back.

" Hey sorry for missing your calls. I had a run in with a few fucked up assholes. How's Eli holding up? I asked.

She sighed long and heavy.

" Well after seeing you on the news bloody and looking like you lost a fight with a gorilla. Yeah he's not doing -"

She was cut off by a static interference and then a voice small and weak spoke.

" Are you alright Y/N." Eli said, sniffling.

By the sounds of it he has been crying.

"Hey, Hey. No need to cry I'm still alive and in one piece. No need to cry remember I'm tough, and you are too. Well how about you stay the night at Kanji's." I suggested, trying to get him to calm down.

He cleared his voice and laughed some.

"Are you trying to get rid of me Y/N?" Eli asked laughing some.

"I um, ehhhhhh, hey here's Hawks." I said reaching over grabbing Keigo after he finished up the talk with his sidekick.

He looked at me confused till I moved my phone a little with a help me look on my face. Eli just said hello at that certain moment and that immediately had him grabbing the phone and saying hello in a chirper voice.

" Hey, how are you doing? Um is she trying to get rid of you? No no, it's just I'm going to watch a movie with your sister." He said laughing nervously.

Then his ears started to turn a burning red, deep as his wings. He was embarrassed about something that Eli hd said. He said okay and hung up. As he stepped back over the debris and ash of the burned walls.

"Well I do think I will be able to join you for that movie Miss. Y/N." He laughed, picking up my hand and kissing the back.

I raised my eyebrows and pulled my hand back.

" Alright then, are you flying or I am." I asked smiling, still giddy from the electric shock of the kiss he gave me.

" I am obviously. You used blood metal. Your wings gained a blood colored tint." He said pointing looking smug at me.

"How far did you read into my profile?" I asked, looking at him with my hands placed on my hips.

But his response was opening his arms and motioning with his hands to come to him. I shook my head at him not budging an inch.

"Not till you tell me how much of my private info did you get and read." I said stubbornly.

He rolled his eyes and just walked up to me and stood there for a good few seconds. I almost backed away but not before he threw me over his shoulder.

" HEY. PUT ME DOWN."I yelled struggling, banging on his sturdy back with my fists.

But all I got in response was silence and a hard smack on my ass. The surprise made me squeak out loud. With blood rushing to my head already, it just got even more red in color from my embarrassment. People turned around and stared at the sight of the number two hero walking off with a girl slung over his shoulders, blushing all the way. I tried to hide my face in his back, earning a small chuckle from him that vibrated out from his chest.

" Are you alright?" He asked me, with a slight tremor of humor in his voice.

"No." I replied muffled in his jacket.

"Come here." He said flipping me around to a princess hold. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to embarrass you, but I'm not apologizing for smacking your ass." He said looking at me in my eyes.

I stared back at him for a good minute and could have sworn his eyes were a darker shade of gold then they normally were. When I couldn't look anymore with out blushing.

"Just take-off already, please." I said, looking away, blushing.

"Yes, ma'am." Keigo, said jumping off of the ground, his wings beating the air for movement.

A/N: Hello, I'm back. I'm sorry for the long wait for this chapter. I had some family issues to deal with. But I hope you will still read my story. I can't wait to post the Netflix and Chill chapter! 😏😁