Chapter 2 - Running

"Talking"
"Whispering"
'Thinking'
Timeskip/Meanwhile

(A.N.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has now been two hours since the start of the exam. The applicants have traveled over 30 kilometers from the start. None of them know how far they must go. They are forced to run at the leader's pace, with no goal specified. It's a monotonous course with no end in sight. And many of the applicants have dropped.

Leorio can be seen very heavely sweating and panting and is getting close to his limit.

Leorio: 'I underestimated the Hunter Exam. Every person here is a monster. It's a gathering of monsters...'

Killua then casually rides past him on her skateboard, looking slightly bored while doing so. Leorio, seeing this, gets extremely pissed.

Leorio: "Hey! Wait up, kid!"

Killua: "Hmm?"

Leorio: "You should show the Hunter Exam some respect!"

Killua: "What do you mean?"

Leorio: "Why are you using a skateboard? That's cheating!"

Killua: "How?"

Leorio: "How?... This is an endurance test!"

Gon: "No, it isn't."

Leorio: "Huh? Gon, what are you saying?"

Gon: "The examiner only told us to follow him."

Leorio: "Whose side are you on, eh?"

Killua: "Hey, how old are you?" Killua asked slowing down in order to talk to Gon.

Gon: "I'm 16 years old."

Killua: "Hmm..." 'We're the same age.'

Gon: "Huh?"

Killua, impressed that someone the same age as her is also taking the exam and has lasted this long, decides to get off her skateboard, preforming a cool trick in the process, which impresses Gon.

Killua: "Guess I'll run too."

Gon: "Wow! That was cool!"

Killua: "Name's Killua."

Gon: "I'm Gon."

Killua: "You see that guy over there?" She asks, pointing to Y/N, who was infront of them.

Gon: "Yeah."

Killua: "I'm gonna go talk to him, I need to ask him something. Want to join me?"

Gon: "Sure!" She replies, both now running faster in order to talk to Y/N.

Leorio: 'Damn it... Making a fool out of me...'

Gon and Killua, having now caught up to Y/N introduce themselves to him.

Gon: "Hi! I'm Gon, Gon Freecss, nice to meet you!"

Killua: "And I'm Killua, Killua Zoldyck."

Y/N, who had already noticed that these two people were approaching him, decides to introduce himself as well.

Y/N: 'They seem to be slightly younger than me and yet they're able to do this. It would be nice to know someone around the same age that can keep up with me. So I'll get to know them.' "Hi. I'm Y/N Uchiha."

Killua: "Nice to meet you Y/N. I kinda already guessed you were an Uchiha though, the symbol kinda gives it away."

Y/N: "Yeah I thought it would."

Killua: "So, does that mean you have the Sharingan?"

Y/N: "Yes, yes I do."

Killua: "That explains how you were able to tell about the juice then. You did it with the Sharingan. I read about it once and it is said to be able to see to the cellular level. So you were able to see the poison inside it."

Y/N: "Yes, I did. You seem to know a lot about the Sharingan, but that is to be expected of someone from the Zoldyck family."

Killua: "I'm not a part of it anymore. I left"

Gon: "What are you guys talking about?" Gon asked, very confused at this point.

Killua: "I'll explain later."

Timeskip

It has now been over four hours since the Hunter Exam begun, and the examinees are now approaching the 80 kilometer mark and are now climbing a very large set of stairs.

Satotz: 'We've reached the 80 kilometer mark. Time to pick up the pace a bit.' Satotz then starts moving faster than he was before, much to the concern of the examinees.

Geretta: "Wait, are you serious?"

Hanzo: "That guy's insane. He's prancing up the stairs as if they're no even there."

Geretta: "If he keeps up this pace, tons of people will fail."

Meanwhile, further back.

Killua: "Gon, Y/N, wanna race to see who finishes first?"

Gon: "Sure."

Y/N: "Why not?"

Gon: "The loser has to buy dinner for the winner."

Y/N: "Fine by me."

Killua: "Ok, you're on!"

Killua/Gon/Y/N: "Ready... Go!" They all say in unison as they start running as fast as possible, Y/N infront with Gon and Killua right behind him.

They soon catch up to Leorio and Kurapika who were talking about something involving money and eyes. They start slowing down so that they could talk to them.

Gon: "See you at the finish line, Kurapika."

Killua: "See you later, old man."

Leorio: "I'm not old! I'm a teenager just like you guys!"

The otherslooked at him, both shocked and confused.

Killua: "Huh?"

Gon: "No way!"

Y/N: "You look like you're in your early 20s. Well, anyway, I got a race to win." Y/N said now speeding up again.

Killua: "I am not losing this." Killua said, speeding up as well.

Gon: "Neither am I." Gon said, also speeding up.