Chapter 4 - Even More Running

"Talking"
"Whispering"
'Thinking'
Timeskip/Meanwhile

(A.N.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second part of the First Phase of the Hunter Exam has begun and participants have been forced to run through the harsh lands of the Numere Wetlands, also know as Swindlers Swamp. So far 36 people have dropped out of the exam, leaving 368 remaining applicants.

Leorio: "Tsk, another marathon."

Kurapika: "And we're runnung though marsh this time. Running on wet ground requires more energy."

Satotz: "Pay attention now. Be sure to stay close behind me."

After several minutes of running, Kurapika notices something.

Kurapika: "The fog is getting thicker."

Meanwhile, further back

A group of different examinee's can be seen staring at the back of Hisoka with malicious intent.

Examinee 76: "All right... This is our chance. We'll take advantage of the fog and get rid of him!"

Hisoka, noticing this, mearly smiles. Y/N and Killua, also noticing this decides to take action.

Y/N: "Gon, Killua... Let's move up, and stay close, things might get messy soon."

Gon: "Ok." Gon replies, while Killua just nods. "Leorio! Kurapika! Y/N says that we should move up!"

Killua: "Hey... Can't you feel the tension surrounding us?"

Leorio: "Moron! If I had the strenght, I'd already be there!"

Kurapika: "Don't worry about us!"

Gon: "Eeehhhh?"

Killua: "Let's go, Gon, Y/N."

After a few more mintues of running, distant screams and cries for help can be heard coming from, the pressumably now dead, examinees.

Gon: "I hear people screaming all around us."

Killua: "Just stay on your guard."

Gon: "I wonder if Leorio and Kurapika are okay..."

A few seconds later, they pass over a weird line and onto some grass that doesn't quite feel like grass.

Killua: "Mm?"

Y/N: "Wait a second."

Suddenly, the ground underneath thei feet falls and the are swallowed whole by a large frog. The frog then gets out of the hole and starts to walk away, but it then stops moving and falls down dead when the side if it was cut open by a katana. Out steps Y/N, who was wielding the katana, followed by Killua and the Gon, all with a slight bit of blood on them. Nothing Killua and Y/N couldn't handle and Gon was coping.

Y/N: "That wasn't the most pleasant of experiences." he said, sheathing his blade.

Killua: "Indeed."

Gon: "Still, I'm worried about Leorio and Kurapika."

Killua: "Forget about them. Let's get a move on. We can still catch up to the examiner."

Y/N: "That wasn't very nice Killua, but I agree, we do need to move."

While Y/N and Killua run off to find the rest of the people that are still alive, Gon takes a few steps before stopping and turning around after noticing something. After a bit, Y/N and Killua end up finding the main group.